Sarah Cain
4 years ago

Would love to see one on the inside!

Comments (11)

• PRO
    PPF.
    4 years ago

What makes you ask about this plan?

Note all the lights that are on even though it's clearly daytime.

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    4 years ago

Honeymoons last a short period of time. Think about it.

• Sarah Cain
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>Lol, yes they do! Been looking for a house plan that has some character inside and out... but hate that I can’t find more pictures of the inside
  • bpath
    4 years ago

That’s a darned cute cottage, looks like the ones built in the early-mid 1900s of my hometown. I suppose you could do an open patio instead of a covered porch in back For a bit more light. And you might be able to do without the Porte cochere. I hope you’d build the basement because there really isn’t much storage otherwise (depending on what you do with the upstairs). But when you walk in the side door, which would probably be your common entrance, there’s no closet, just the pantry/broom closet. (and I’d put the cooktop on the right-hand wall, leaving the island free for prep, and put the dw to the left of the sink so it’s not in the way of cooking, and so that corner can be better utilized).

• Sarah Cain
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I definitely have a couple changes I would want. I hate that the bathroom is right by the front door, and I would want to add some sort of small mud room when you come in from the garage. It does have a garage option that I think we would do

• Sarah Cain
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Here it is

• PRO
    Virgil Carter Fine Art
    4 years ago

High on the Cute Scale...

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    4 years ago

High on the 'things I would avoid' scale too . . .

• D N
    4 years ago

Link for anyone else who had to google:

http://houseplans.southernliving.com/plans/SL1622

• D N
    4 years ago

Mark, I’m sure you’re jelly of the master closet layout. All the things you love.