SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sgnden

Backyard Landscaping Post Remodel Zone 6a - Ideas?

Steve
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We're heading for an October finish of a large scale remodel of our home and I'd love some opinions around what to do with the back yard. It was nicely done, had 3 tiers of decking and some very large boulders. It is now a complete DISASTER as you'll see in the pics.

We are in USDA Plant Hardiness Zone 6a (Colorado front range up against the mountains). We like low maintenance and did the front with Aspen trees, dwarf pines, some grasses, wild roses and small stone ground covering mixed with mulch areas, professionally designed and installed. Sorry I don't know the correct terms or plants.

Thinking just the now smaller deck and the rest in stone patios. One larger area and a smaller area near the Spa. I like the idea of big rectangular or square stones with with either grass or rock in the joint areas. Sort of a Tuscan look (minus any fountains). Kind of Mountain meets Southwest with some Cottage mixed-in could describe my image of "look" but again, I am no expert.

Any ideas, to the extent it's possible, would be really great! Pardon the whiteout!

Comments (6)