SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_schmidhofer19

caesarstone primordia

I love the look of this countertop online (https://www.caesarstoneus.com/collections/metropolitan/primordia-4043/), but the small sample I saw in the store looked much different. I am also nervous given the negative reviews of the rougher concrete finishes (this is a "rough" finish). Has anyone had experience with the primordia?

Comments (13)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 years ago

I certainly would nt do a rough finish on a kitchen counter

• lhdt
    4 years ago

Older post, but wondering this too. was about to order this, but just saw a massive complaint post about caesarstones rough finish concrete and how high maintenance and basically terrible it is. Bummer, too expensive to chance it.

• M Cohen
    3 years ago

Was just about to install this - would you be able to send me links to the bad reviews?

• lhdt
    3 years ago

Hi M Cohen- Hmm, I think I just searched through the Houzz comments. I'm sorry- it's been awhile. I think I remember reading that the quartz versions of "concrete" were the ones that stained or didn't wear well. Primordia has much more color/texture variation.

I can say that I am stillllll not finished with my kitchen. I have plywood subtop counters and just need to pull the trigger on material (quarantine + toddler + indecision = slowest reno ever!)

But, I did get a sample of the Primordia and let red wine sit on it for days and then cleaned it off. I don't see a stain. I also used a knife to scratch it up and am pretty impressed.

If I get a chance, I will try to post a photo of my sample later.

But, whatever you decided... do yourself a favor and get a few samples to compare.

• lhdt
    3 years ago

M Cohen, I think I read your comment wrong. Did you already order your slabs? I just looked at my sample again and can't see any scratches or stains. So I think I am going to finally order this one. You inadvertently helped me make a decision, finally!
    But, I will post a link I just saw with one person mentioning strange shadowing. Although someone else in the post comments that they have not had that issue with theirs... so perhaps that particular issue is with the installer.

• Sona Patel
    3 years ago

Can anyone tell me how much they were charged per square metre from their kitchen supplier? Thanks

• kjb84
    3 years ago

I am considering Primordia for my kitchen. It’s not a huge kitchen by any means, and it has been quoted at slightly over 6K usd for me.

• Kristina Stalebrant
    2 years ago

Hi did anyone install primordia in their kitchen, are you happy with the result?

• Alison Long Poetsch
    last year

What I have heard is that any suede surface (not polished) requires more maintenance. I think this means finger prints, etc rather than stians.

• susanrhill34
    last year

Did anyone install primordia?

• Consuelo Amat
    9 months ago

I also want to install Primordia and wanted to see more reviews and pictures. Thank you!!

• L F
    17 days ago

If you can go to a Caesarstone Distribution Center, you mau be able to view full slabs (eg one in Hayward, CA). This can be particularly helpful for a finish like Primordia (pic below), which has larger patterns than what a small sample will reveal.