SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

Blooming on Thursday

4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

There's not much to photograph here. There are a few rebloom scapes and some late bloomers hanging on.

Spacecoast Lemon Whiskers is reblooming. It is such a nice bloom and quite large too.

Stella's Ruffled Fingers doesn't get much respect around here, but it should. It's not the brightest color, but it has been in almost constant bloom since it started. It took about a two week break and sent up four more scapes which are blooming now. Bob hates the name, but he really doesn't hate the flower. I think it would make a nice replacement for all the Stella de Oro that we see everywhere.

A couple of late blooming seedlings looked really nice today.

Butter Pecan X Bass Gibson is the flower I took the picture of with the wheel bug. The flower looks a lot like Buttered Pecan but the scapes are much taller and it blooms later. It is well-budded and vigorous. I think it might be a future introduction. It would make a nice addition to the late garden.

Chomp X Ruffled Strawberry Parfait is another showy late. This one might even qualify for the small-flowered designation. I don't know if it is vigorous enough for introduction, but it will stay in our garden for a while at least.

That's all for me.

Nancy

Comments (9)