Remember when? Lots for me!
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (56)
Related Discussions
remember when?
Comments (35)Hi guys ... May an AR/CA 'lurker' chime in? I'm not an old timer on this forum, but have found the tone of conversation so friendly [as compared to some other garden forums, which can get rather cranky] and you all actually seem to know how lucky/blessed you are to live in the Ozarks. We're just returned to CA from spending Christmas in our little house in Rogers. [sigh] Family matters still require us to base in CA for present. Re the Facebook question ... my daughter likes it a lot, but when she uses my computer to access her FB I get all sorts of spammy stuff ... so I'll forego that particular new tech....See MoreI remember when Photography Forum
Comments (8)I too remember coming here when I was first cutting my teeth. I haven't been here in sometime. Ironically, it was a Google search of my own email address (bored, I guess) that led me here again. It's been a huge whirlwind for me really. I dug up an old post on here where I got my first DSLR in 2008. I really didn't mark the date, and honestly it feels like I've been doing this for a LOT longer than four years! It feels so funny to read the questions I was asking that I now know like the back of my hand. I think I'm gonna bookmark this forum again! I would love to share what I've learned in these four years with folks that are just getting into it! In the meantime, I'll link to my page on Facebook if anyone wants to examine my visual pollution! :) Here is a link that might be useful: My Junk :)...See MoreRemember my messy desk? lots of pic's
Comments (14)Thank you everyone for your nice comments. The hardest part is in the design, It's hard for me to visualize things sometimes ... I need a lot of visual aids. I'm not sure if I posted the original drawing, however it does look different and we also kicked up the molding a notch, by making it a little 'proud' for the overall plain design. The hardware link -- I got from someone on this forum :) I scoured all the stores on the Island looking for unique pulls. First, I want to show the 4 pulls (court jesters) that I snagged from a yard sale. They were 4 for 3.00 Can you imagine parting with these? We built two curios for our Living Room around these pulls, as well as a dvd cabinet for the den. They were about 2" longer and had a mounting screw on the end. We cut them down to the size they are now. For the Living room I bought fancy backplates and for the den I bought plain ones... pictured below... The DVD cabinet pulls: The Living Room pulls, with a fancy backplate: Here is the link for the pulls that we used on the Secretary Unit....I found the drawer pulls in Home Depot and antiqued them to match the pulls. It took me two weeks to choose the pulls, as they had so many nice ones. Here is a link that might be useful: Vandykes Hardware...See MoreFashion Trivia: Remember When Pull on Jeans were De’Classe’
Comments (18)To get pants that fit me the way I want, I make them myself, although I haven't bothered to do that lately, as I am less concerned with fit these days. Around 1992 I made some jeans-like pants out of some black and white cow print fabric that fit me very well. I did not put rear pockets on them because I never put anything in those pockets, but of course I did put front pockets on them. I still have them, but they don't fit anymore 😞. The only "pants" I'm making these days are swim trunks. I will say that I may have gotten too much attention when I wore my cow print pants. Judy Tenuta pulled me on stage with her to ridicule me when I went to see her at an AIDS benefit at the PDC in West Hollywood. I was also wearing a Cuban/Brazilian style white shirt with ruffled sleeves, a clear plastic vest, and red Doc Marten shoes, which I still have. She told the audience that I looked like I was ready to spawn, but I think that is one of her stock lines. Later, people in the PDC thought that I had been in the Cabana Boy skit (before Judy came on) and told me that they liked my act. Kevin likes pants that have a certain percentage of Lycra, but I've not worn pants like that. I've never liked skinny leg jeans - they look especially bad on people who have large hips or butts, as they make that part of the body look even bigger and more out of proportion IMO. And if someone is very small, they make them look even smaller and twiggy. Martha Teichner is a good example of why yoga pants or tights should not be worn as street clothes, and most certainly not on a news show. Of course she makes them look worse than anyone else I've seen....See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

CONTRACTOR TIPSBuilding Permits: When a Permit Is Required and When It's Not
In this article, the first in a series exploring permit processes and requirements, learn why and when you might need one
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Lots of Bones About It
You may scratch your skull about putting away these Halloween accessories when the holiday is over
Full Story
ORGANIZING6 Emotional Challenges You May Face When Tackling Clutter
Decluttering can bring up a lot of unexpected emotions. Learn what to expect and how to get through it
Full Story
DECLUTTERING10 Things to Remember to Declutter After Shopping
Let go of the old when you bring in the new. Here’s what to do with gently used decor, exercise gear, clothing and more
Full Story
LIFEThe Good House: An Experience to Remember
A home that enriches us is more than something we own. It invites meaningful experiences and connections
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDES8 Ways to Stick to Your Budget When Remodeling or Adding On
Know thyself, plan well and beware of ‘scope creep’
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESWhen to Use Engineered Wood Floors
See why an engineered wood floor could be your best choice (and no one will know but you)
Full Story
LIFEYou Said It: ‘Or Is It Just Me?’ and Other Houzz Quotables
Design advice, inspiration and observations that struck a chord this week
Full Story
CURB APPEALWhen to Give Your Home a Coat of Many Colors
Drape your house in a dazzling array of hues to bring architectural details to life and draw admiration from the street
Full Story
FURNITUREKnow When to Fold 'Em
When space is tight, look for furniture that cleverly collapses, expands or fills more than one role
Full Story
bpath