SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_92727737

Quartz Countertops Already Chipped and Kitchen Not Even Finished!

Michelle Smith
4 years ago

I'm sick about this. I did my due diligence research about quartz and never expected this in a million years. Now I'm reading online, including here, that chips are not uncommon. I figured the first chip was a freak occurrence. Happened same day damn countertops were installed nearly 2 weeks ago! A wine bottle slipped out of the rack as I was sitting it on the countertop and hit the edge and made a really ugly chip. Since then I have been soooo paranoid and careful - or so I thought. Then today I was putting dishes into the dishwasher and a small plate tapped against the edge of counter and made a tiny chip. If this is what happens when I'm being careful, what are these countertops going to look like after living with them for any period of time. I live alone and rarely cook, but I feel like I'm screwed and have made a terrible choice. I have an eased edge on my countertops and am considering asking fabricator to re-do to a more rounded edge in hopes of making future chips less likely. Have others experienced chipping and do you think a change in edge would help? Thank you.

Comments (15)