SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
decker11

caesarstone color samples for “marble” looks

Kim
4 years ago

I know a lot of people wonder what various quartz countertop color ways look like. I just got a bunch of “marble look” caesarstone samples and thought I’d post. They are sitting on plain white paper. Color differences between some are subtle. (Names are written on the picture-hope you can read them!). Just posting in the hope that this will help someone looking for information or attempting to figure out how these colors may differ. I certainly would not use this for anything other than basic color comparison because the pattern of each ranges from subtle to bold. Colors included are Frosty Carrina, Bianco Drift, Georgian Bluffs, Noble Grey, London Grey, and Mont Blanc. They were taken in good, indirect, overhead natural light. No man made light at all here.

Some quick impressions:

Frosty carina-most white background.

Bianco Drift-lots of dots in the background. Lots of “little movement”Least like marble (imho) of the bunch and most “beige”.

Georgian bluffs-lots of little spots UP CLOSE. From 3 feet away you don’t see them. Darkest of the bunch I think (but not dark per se).

Noble grey-I think this one really looks like marble. Not swing little dots. Veining on my tiny sample does look like it has “depth” to it.

London grey- my sample is very bland. Wherever they cut it from, it has almost no pattern. What I can see by way of pattern is subtle and “warm toned”.

Mont Blanc - the most spots. Like really. From 3’ away.

When you look at ANY of these with light reflecting (at an oblique angle) the surface finish is subtly “sandy” looking. (They are perfectly smooth). It is slightly more noticeable in the dotted ones than the others. Doesn’t bother me in the least but I have seen others question what sounds like a similar discovery. I believe it is just the nature of quartz-it’s a bunch of ground up stuff that ahas been highly compacted but at the end of the day, it’s a bunch of highly compacted stuff and I think you can always subtly see that?

FYI I’m planning charcoal blue cabinets for a kitchen. Island and I think any of these would go with that, with Georgian bluffs being fine but not my pick for sure with that color scheme. I will likely select London grey or noble grey. Loving Bianco drift for a bathroom perhaps though. I do wish I aphid also gotten the misty carrera to test. Maybe I’ll order it! ;)

Comments (4)