SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amokk50

Vomiting home grown blueberries?

R D
4 years ago

I've been growing blueberry plants for the past few years. I've eaten store bought blueberries and blueberries from my garden with no problem. This summer, however, every time I ate blueberries from my garden, I puke them the next day. Other family members are eating them, too, without any problem.

This year, I drastically increased the amount of fertilizer. I used to apply 1/4 tsp of Miracid/Urea per gallon water per week, as recommended on this forum. I've been doing this for the past few years. However, I find that this amount of fertilizer doesn't encourage too much growth. So I increased it to between 0.5 and 1 tbsp per gallon of water (as recommended on the Miracid package). I've been very satisfied with the growth of my blueberry plants so far.

But I'm wondering if that could be the reason why I've been vomiting the blueberries. Is it possible that my system cannot tolerate nutrient dense blueberries to due to high amount of fertilizer? If so, what would be an acceptable amount per gallon of water? Or what else can be causing the vomiting?

Comments (4)