SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artfortheheart

Built in coffee station

Michelle
4 years ago

We built our house a year ago and intentionally left one side of our kitchen blank of upper cabinets. We did it so we could figure out exactly what we wanted to do with that space after living here for a year. I personally like having my countertops clear of stuff. Now we know we want a built in espresso station, and we also want our cabinets to go all the way up to the ceiling with crown molding like the rest of the kitchen. Our kitchen designer said if we wanted it like so, the countertop cabinet would have a bottom, we would not be able to see the countertop. IMO I prefer having the countertop for ease of cleaning, looks, etc. What would you do?

In the pic below, the wall where the stove is - we've had these cabinets for a year now. The designer sent us her draft of new upper cabinets, the cabinet sitting on the countertop is where I wanted our espresso machine and grinder to go. Should I nix the idea of having our espresso machine/grinder hidden? Leave the design as is and put the machines in the open space? Honestly, we only use that piece of countertop for mail, espresso and car keys.

Comments (4)