SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ritaweeda

It Blows Me Away What You Can Buy on Amazon

ritaweeda
4 years ago

I'm quite a newbie with ordering anything online but I finally bit the bullet and succumbed last year to Amazon. There were just too many things that I couldn't find anymore anywhere in a box store. So here the other day I was doing laundry and went to open the drier and the handle broke off. (Cheap plastic nothing piece of garbage.) So I went online and looked up the brand name for parts and the cheap plastic door handle was $34 not counting shipping. In the meantime, I had looped some clothesline through he holes so that I could open the door without using a knife to pry it open every time. DH noticed it and asked if I was going to get another one and I grumbled back to him how much it cost, he said "order it, you don't need to be yanking on a damn rope to open the dryer." So something made me just look on Amazon - I was blown away, not only did they have it but it was $10 cheaper. And they had all kinds of other appliance parts, who knew?? So I ordered it, and when I told DH about it he said that whenever anyone mentions about getting something they all say look for it first at Amazon, they probably have it. So today I got the part and put it on and I thought to myself, is amazon going to eventually own complete consumer activity on the planet? The way it's going we probably won't be able to think of a thing they can't get for us. I mean I'm already getting emailed ads from them promoting house cleaning services.

Comments (55)