It's August 1st and the Halloween costumes are out at Costco
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (20)
Related Discussions
OT: POTD: Texas star Hibiscus, 1st time I see it bloom in person
Comments (16)hey all, I am just glad I am not the guy that drank the guys drink roflmao I don't know why I only ended up with ONE star hibiscus. I planted so many seeds at the winter sowing. So many had shared the seeds with me and I hope I can pass it on to others. Yupp I just got done watering too a few minutes ago. But while I water, I also do a touch, talk and cleaning up of most plants lol. Brenda good thought...not long and it will be Halloween again. I don't know if I got the bloom wet in the morning when I first sprayed the leaves down. But a few pedals were a little deformed. I still loved it because it was my FIRST :-) Lucy...See MoreOctober 1st - What is blooming in your garden?
Comments (20)I have three Cosmic Couriers that are about to bloom if we get a couple of warmer days. One of the three has one bloom half opened. That's about it. Most of mine were planted this season, so they aren't blooming. Next year ought to be fun! The others I have are Primal Scream, Marietta Magic, Bahama Butterscotch, Carefree Peach, Bertie Ferris, Imperial Elegance, Flying Tigers, and Ocean Drive Sunset. None are now blooming though. Marietta Magic Bahama Butterscotch First bloom Primal Scream, can't wait for next year Primal Scream is situated in front of a May Night Salvia, and next to a Sunny Border Blue Veronica, so the combination of the oranges, purples, and blues should be nice. Darn, too bad winters coming!...See MoreIt's Halloween time guys and ghouls!
Comments (45)Kathie .. Your skellies and decorations look awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing a picture :) Joey, I love your witch ring .. Happy dancing witches, the kids will love them! Everyone thanks for the nice comments, I love Halloween .. Always have, I've been hard at work finishing stuff up .. Dead line is near .. I have more to post, try to in a bit ;) Carving head .. Pumpkin king .. Large funkin, painted, carved, distressed .. Pumpkin patch guardian put together .. Next comes haunted pumpkin patch .. At night : Carving and painting sign .. Sign and greeter go up .. Fence going up .. Behind this goes singing pumpkins, I'll try to put our trail run video of that up below. And .. The pumpkin ghouls .. Starting to make hands and legs : This is just a trial run .. Faces will be carved in and arms drilled in in the next couple of days. Argh .. Making safe candles .. The cow says boo! Making faux beams. Starting to dress the scene .. Those three pumpkins are the singing pumpkins .. Projecton. Monster holding candle .. Think I heard him yell Freebird ;) more monsters in works, waiting for arms and legs to dry so I can dry brush them .. Corgi in a coffin .. Ernie says I can rock this mom .. This is still a work in progress, just a quick scene to cover fog chiller/machine .. Still painting on it and need to install green string lights to glow out the cracks .....See MoreHelp me think of cute halloween costume ideas...
Comments (26)I am dressing my DS)9) as a UPS man this year. I bought brown cargo shorts and a brown button down shirt at Childrens Place. Got a brown UPS cap on clearance at K Mart months ago for $1.20 (thats what inspired me). I already have the perfect size Amazon box for him to flip open for candy as he says "trick or treat". His eyeglasses turn dark in the light so they will look like sunglasses I think. All I need is to get short brown socks and to figure out an easy way to make a UPS logo for the shirt. hmmm....as for Grant, it reminds me of when my daughter was 2. She cried and carried on not wanting to wear the hat to her lion costume. In our pictures inside, she is not wearing the hat, but once she got outside in the stroller to trick or treat I was able to put the hat on while she stared at costumed kids. She didn't even seem to care anymore. The following year she was a clown and I painted her blond hair with pink hair mascara. It came out nice-no hat needed. You could probably get Grant some caped kid pjs at Target. They used to carry Superman and Batman, I think they still do. I had to buy them in 2 sizes because my son and daughter both liked to wear them. Does Grant like any particular characters?? He'd be a cute Bob The Builder! Someone mentioned a mailman-when my other daughter was in 1st grade they had Career Day. She dressed as a 'mailgirl' and delivered her homework in a priority mail envelope LOL!! I like the scarecrow idea! Thats not something you normally see....See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

HOLIDAYS36 Stylish and Spooky Halloween Decorating Ideas
Customize your Halloween decor with pumpkin topiaries, glam mantels, glowing tabletops, wreaths and more
Full Story
HOLIDAYSThrow a Calm, Happy Kids' Halloween Party — 5 Tips From a Mom
Keep your house and sanity intact with this advice from a veteran of Halloween extravaganzas with every kid on the block
Full Story
HALLOWEEN12 Halloween Decor Ideas to Scare and Delight
Gather inspiration for your seasonal style with these spooky tricks and treats
Full Story
HALLOWEENHouzz Users Share Their Outdoor Halloween Decorations
Creativity abounds in the Houzz community. Displays range from artistic gourd arrangements to skeletons playing poker
Full Story
MONTHLY HOME CHECKLISTSTo-Dos: Your August Home Checklist
Take these steps to get your home and family organized for fall
Full Story
HOUZZ CALLWhat’s Your Halloween Decorating Style?
Do you prefer pretty pumpkins or gory ghouls? Whimsical witches or wall-scaling skeletons? Please share your photos here
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNGuest Picks: Halloween Style for Your Kitchen
Celebrate the season with 20 pieces in black, orange and ghostly clear
Full Story
HALLOWEENEasy Halloween Decorations From Stuff You Already Have
Go spooky or sophisticated with these DIY mantel decorations made from household items
Full Story
HALLOWEENKid-Friendly DIY: Fun and Easy Halloween Party Decor Ideas
Add instant color and playful accents to your next Halloween-themed gathering
Full Story
User