SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jay_inhoff

What type of paint for my new kitchen cabinets?

Jay Inhoff
4 years ago

Hi, I am at the point where I am picking the finishes for my new kitchen and could use a little help.

We are having custom cabinets built and the designer brought me a sample door. It was nice, but I felt like the paint was not rich enough looking (although this might be all in my imagination). It is a shaker style door painted a Sherwin Williams taupe at 8% sheen. The cabinet maker copied the color from a Farrow and Ball paint chip of Mouse Back (darkish taupe) that I gave him.

My question is if anyone can tell me what sheen or type of paint might be used to get the Christopher Peacock cabinet paint effect? I know he has his own line of paint and also uses Fine Paints of Europe but these brands may be beyond our Amish cabinet maker's wheel house. I have not seen a CP kitchen in recent history so I'm a little in the dark but I would like the best most luxurious looking finish on my cabinets as possible. I think my guy uses SW most of the time--if necessary I could probably get him to use BM. But enamel, or water base or ?? What gives the most luxurious finish?

Thank you for any tips.

Comments (4)