SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolyn_mayer33

LaCanche Ranges

Carolyn Mayer
4 years ago

I am comparing the Cluny 1400, Chagny 1400, Fontenay and Citeaux.

Things I like about the Cluny 1400:

1. 2 small ovens

2. Warming Cupboard

3. Can choose a rangetop option

Things I like about the Chagny 1400:

1. 2 small ovens

2. Warming Cupboard

4. Addition of the broiler 6" tall oven (wondering if this would get used, I love to bake but there are 2 bigger ovens for that)

Things I like about the Fontenay:

1. Large oven (though I think the smaller ovens would work well for me)

2. 2 warming cupboards

Things I like about the Citeaux:

1. Large oven

2. Warming Cupboard

3. Vertical oven

4. Can choose a rangetop option

Thoughts:

I am still debating whether to go with the traditional frenchtop or the classique 18,000 BTU burner, if I get the traditional frenchtop can I still use my huge (14") pan?

Is it worth it to get the 6" tall broiler oven, I know the other electric ovens can also broil? And can broiling replace grilling?

I am in-love with the warming cupboards, I love that I can keep food warm if someone is running late, I love that I can warm plates/serving ware. I love that I can use it as a slow cooker too. I do not know if it would be over-kill to go with a range that has 2 of these. I like that the Cluney 1400 and the Chagny 1400 have a second small/normal oven. I also really like that the Citeaux has a vertical oven as a second oven. If they made 1 I could go for 1 warming cupboard, 1 vertical oven and 1 small/normal oven.

I will also have a single wall oven that has a rotisserie in it.

Which of these ranges would you choose?

Rangetop options that I am also looking at:

1. Flame Grill

2. Plancha

I love grilled food, my thoughts are that I could always get a griddle plate but it would be harder to replicate the grill. That said, I do also currently use a griddle plate at very high heat on my GE cooktop and have found that very convenient compared to using a pan. I don't currently get to grill very much because of not being good with propane and charcoal being very messy (plus weather).

If I get the flame grill can I put a griddle plate on that when I want to use one?

Comments (19)