SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bdiersen

Arg! What happened to my floors!

bdiersen
4 years ago

We are finishing up a kitchen renovation, which involved opening up the kitchen, living and dining rooms. They then replaced some of the oak hardwoods, and the entire space, as well as, attached hallway was refinished and stained. It was supposed to match existing hardwood flooring of rooms attached to said hallway.

Backstory- 10 years ago we had the floors done in dark walnut, they are more of a provincial color now.

Newly done floors were stained too dark, they said they could lighten, and they somehow did go back and lighten them a bit, but having cured now, not only are they still too dark, but they have a grayish tone, are dull, and have a rough texture. Basically, they always look dirty. When I do a quick wipe with vinegar solution the tone warms up and they shine, but as soon as it dries they dull down again.

Our old project manager left the company, and now we’re dealing with someone new to our project (Not super helpful with my floor conundrum), not to mention we are months behind schedule and had to move back into the house with 2 toddlers.

Does anyone know if there is an easy fix to this project? Maybe another coat of poly? Or are we going to be stuck going back through the refinishing process again?

help!!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH