SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
censalata

Paint Palette Suggestions for 80s Contemprary Vermont Chalet

Christina
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Can you please make suggestions for neutral interior wall colors for my 1980s contemporary Vermont chalet?

There are certain features I'm not changing and have to work with those colors: the original 80s dark wood trim (I know I can paint this white but I'm choosing not to) and the Vermont blue/green slate floor hallways, light oak kitchen/dining floor, tan carpet in den & bedrooms, and new bright white shaker kitchen cabinets from All Wood Design (all pictured below). I do have the advantage of lots of windows and beautiful natural landscapes. I think I'd like to stay more creamy/beigey- than gray-toned walls, but I'm open to ideas.

The feel I would like to create is farmhouse, classic/contemporary (I hate antiques), perhaps slightly boho. I really like creams, blues, turquoise, pinks, purples for furniture/decor. Here's a pinterest board with stuff I like: https://pin.it/wonnkkssffanel

Features I'm stuck with (no idea why Houzz is rotating my photos):

Vermont blue/green slate, the dark spots are reddish gray

carpet/trim:

kitchen floors

new kitchen cabinets only (paint/counter/floor not real--haven't chosen counter tops yet)

Thanks in advance for your input. Specific paint color recommendations and undertones preferred.

Comments (24)