SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karenmoranuk

Sanity check on LVP: Mannington Adura Athena Maiden's Veil

4 years ago

Has anyone used Mannington Adura Max Athena Maiden's Veil?

I'm considering it as the LVP for our 900 sq ft basement rec room, and wondering if anyone who has used it could kindly give me feedback on it?

https://www.mannington.com/Residential/Adura-Vinyl-Plank/AduraMax/AduraMaxTile/Athena/MAR243

I've agonized about flooring for this room for far too long, mostly in trying (fruitlessly) to find a happy WTW solution, hence the LVP switch. A sanity check from someone who has this product would help!

Here are the views from the manufacturer's website:

Comments (3)

• 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

It’s s little pink. And without a grout line, it’s too obviously fake tile. If you want vinyl, the wood looks tile is a more successful mimic.

Karenmo thanked User
  • 4 years ago

Ah, what I'd really like is some some low key abstract pattern LVT (like we could have for decades in sheet vinyl), but it seems that's not readily available in US markets now. I'd settle for a ceramic tile imitation in a light color, but haven't been able to find that either. Can't use a fake wood, since the room has real wood paneling (1980 limed oak veneer). Anyway, GD, thanks for the alert about the grout lines. Oddly enough, the website for this product includes this comment: "The flooring shown in the bathroom image is grouted which can only be achieved with ADURA®Flex, one of our other vinyl plank flooring options. " Arrrgh. Why include a photo of a different product??!

• 4 years ago

Armstrong has a line of stone look LVT. They are glue down with grout. I installed three years ago in my bathrooms and they are great. The grout is not the wide sanded grout used with ceramic/porcelain tiles. Not slippery or hard and easy to clean. The flooring store said they’re not used as often now because everyone wants wood look click together vinyl planks. I still like mine.
    Good luck.