SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jm195607

HVAC issues, bad business, bad coils

Jenny Scott
4 years ago

Hi all! I am trying to make this a very short version. we moved in to our new construction home in February of 2018. We have a dual fuel HVAC system with a heat pump. Propane is our secondary heat source. our heat pump quit working in roughly November of last year. 9 MONTHS after we moved in. Called the HVAC guy that our (idiot) contractor hired and he tried to tell us maybe it was "struck by lightning" and to "call home owners insurance and file a claim"
we hadn't had any storms so we called for a.2nd opinion. After a few hours of work they found a broken coil. So we were thankful to find the issue. went to file the warranty with the manufacturer and the warranty was in the pur HVAC dude's name..not in my husband's. New HVAC company tries to get ahold of this guy for over a week. no response.
Seems fishy right?
We call manufacturer company and get it put in our name
So the HVAC company comes and fixes issue, of course all warranty covers is the part (which I thi m is absolutely bullcrap with a system that is under a year old!!)
so we get it fixed, and spend over about $2000 out of our own damn pocket to do so.

fast forward to summertime. about 3 weeks ago we start having cooling problems. We have a Google Nest thermostat, and the house will not reach the temp we want it to, usually staying around 74-76 and 2 times in 4 days the coil has been coverrd in ice! My friend said that a freon leak can lead to icing.
I am going to lose my mind over this situation! we just spent $2000 and we can NOT keep throwing money at this BRAND NEW system. Something isn't right. Shouldn't someone else be liable here? We have discussed possibly taking the old HVAC guy to.court because it seems.he was trying to scam.us somehow.
Someone help! I've had it!

Comments (17)