SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Has anymore done a sailing trip, with crew, in the Keys?

mtnrdredux_gw
4 years ago

I have a history of motion sickness. On our Antarctica cruise, I had success with the patch but it made me very sleepy. Last year in Tulum, I went on a snorkelling trip and the captain gave me an OTC product that worked well; on my return I realized it was plain old Dramamine. We just did a day on a sailboat in Greece, and a few ferry trips... all good thx to Dramamine.

This is a newfound area for us then, since I found something that keeps me from getting sick without making me drowsy (and I haven't even needed to try non-drowsy Dramamine). I am thinking we would like to do a little trip on a catamaran next spring. Nothing too long or too far away since it is all new to us. And with a crew.

Neither the kids nor DH have been to the Keys. It is pretty easy to get there, and there are lots of areas to explore. We'd like to see dolphins and do some snorkelling. Has anyone done this? I have been googling info. but the problem is it's not like Tripadvisor or Air BnB where you can rely on reviews. Most have their own sites and just post the reviews they choose, if any. What should I expect/look for?

TIA

Comments (21)