Wow, the price of appliances!
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (43)
- 7 years ago
Related Discussions
Half-Price Viking Stand Mixers! (cross post from appliances)
Comments (2)Wow, that is a good sale. I had an eye on the Viking mixers for years but could never afford it. I finally settled for the Cuisinart 7 qt.. I'm pretty happy with it and it does a good job kneading dough. But I sure prefer the Viking. I'm sure there are plenty out there that are taking advantage of this sale....See MoreJoann's Wow the prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comments (16)There are the reasons I refuse to give Joann's Fabrics any of my business. It especially irks me that they put everything "on sale" at the same time they issue a 40-50% off coupon, not good on sale items. I know some members are stuck with JoAnn's or Walmart for their fabrics, but I must say, there are wonderful internet vendors out there!! Seriously, check them out! My personal favorite is Hancock's of Paducah, simply because they carry my preferred batting, and I could (when I was in business) get poly fiberfill for the needlepoint pillows I made. But there are many more internet vendors. I have never hesitated to order from HofP. They have wonderful customer service, an easy website, a great catalog (and the photo colors are accurate). Connecting Threads is another good site with high quality fabrics, but frankly, their catalogue colors can be WAY off. The fabric is still very high quality, and I'm not trying to run them down. Those of you with just Joann's or Walmart might want to search the forum for recommendations. I won't go to either J or W ever again. My LQS is small, and I always check them first for any fabrics I need (usually the $8-10 range), but if they don't have what I need, the internet is next. Mary...See Morelocal seed prices - wow
Comments (42)This post and responses certainly takes me down memory lane. I've done most of what was mentioned, running the gamut from buying the "cheap" seeds to special ordering online for special items, paying ridiculous prices and S&H. After almost 60 years of gardening, I now go to local places that have bulk seeds and buy what I want. Less selection, but there are only two of us now and we don't do as much canning, etc. as we once did. The most amusing thing I ever saw was a display of "Martha Stewart" seeds at KMart. I was amazed, and took one packet of peas out of the display to look at and almost tossed it to the ceiling, it was that light. The price was $3.49 and that was about 15 years ago. :-)...See MoreAppliance Pricing - Fisher Paykel
Comments (0)Hi all - we've been shopping around for kitchen appliances and are very interested in purchasing a Fisher Paykel package (oven, cooktop, dishwasher). Around where I live, there is one retailer that carries their line, and they said that they do not have any pricing liabilities given that the appliances are "price protected" by the manufacturer. I've never heard of something like this before -- I know that many consumer good manufacturers require a minimum advertised price, but that the actual purchase amount could still be negotiated. Is this something that's specific to the appliance industry? Or just Fisher Paykel? I've never purchased large appliances before, and I wanted to confirm whether this is the case (and just suck it up and pay the sticker price), or whether to venture further and find other retailers who are willing to negotiate. Many thanks for your thoughts and advice!...See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

SHOP HOUZZTrade Pricing: Kitchen Range Hoods and Appliances
Take your kitchen design up a notch with these sought-after fixtures and appliances
Full Story0

KITCHEN LAYOUTSKitchen of the Week: Renovated to Wow in White, Wood and Red
See how the designer transformed this Boston kitchen by removing a staircase and adding a red refrigerator and range
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNNew This Week: Rustic Wood Beams Wow in 4 Kitchens
These spaces show how rustic wood beams can bring warmth and character to contemporary spaces
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHow to Pick Your Important Kitchen Appliances
Find the ideal oven, refrigerator, range and more without going nutty — these resources help you sort through your the appliance options
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNAre Colorful Kitchen Appliances the Next Big Trend?
Move over, black, white and stainless steel — appliances in a variety of bright colors are starting to sizzle
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNA Cook’s 6 Tips for Buying Kitchen Appliances
An avid home chef answers tricky questions about choosing the right oven, stovetop, vent hood and more
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNBefore and After: 9 Small-Bathroom Makeovers That Wow
Ready to remodel? Get inspired by these bathroom projects that come in at less than 60 square feet
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNA Stylist’s Secrets for Giving Your Kitchen the Wow Factor
There’s more to getting a fabulous kitchen than designing and installing it. It's the little details that elevate its look
Full Story
12 Eye-Candy Appliances That Enchant With Color
Move over, stainless. These rainbow-colored confections are bringing a delicious, unexpected note to kitchens and laundry rooms
Full Story
VINTAGE STYLERevel in Retro With Vintage and New Kitchen Appliances
Give your kitchen old-fashioned charm with refrigerators and stoves that recall yesteryear — even if they were made just yesterday
Full Story
tackykat