SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
avalonrose1234

Easy to clean Shower Floor Tiles? Also, exhaust fan questions

avalonrose1234
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I'm doing a total gut in our master bathroom. First the question about the fan situation. The bathroom (and bedroom) has a vaulted ceiling that goes straight to the roof...no attic space. The bathroom is quite large, but the only exhaust fan is in the water closet where the toilet is, and that closet is a separate room and actually DOES have attic space. Since there is basically no exhaust fan in the master bath, we've been dealing with a lot of mold/mildew issues in the master shower...it's virtually impossible to keep clean. But, the contractor told me that since there is no attic space in that area, that no fan can be installed to keep moisture at bay. Really???

So, with that in mind, I want to put materials in my shower that are easy to keep clean. Right now, we have ugly 1" beige squares with gray grout. They look dirty, stained and horrid, despite regular cleaning. Any suggestions about what to put in for the floor? I like white subway tiles for the walls. The bathroom floor will have large, white with gray-veined porcelain tile...I like a classic, fresh look I'm just tired of all the issues with this bathroom and keeping it looking clean and moisture/mildew free. Any ideas for the shower floor? The bathroom walls will be Benjamin Moore Cotton Balls (white) with wainscoting on the walls. Thanks for any help!

Comments (11)