SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_137748083

Floorplan feedback, please & thank you

farm house
4 years ago

Well here goes nothing! I have been a lurker on these boards for a while and value all the time & energy members put towards providing advice on floor plans and the home building process. DH and I are considering building a house. We have 1.75 wooded acres in a neighborhood with a 2,200 sq ft minimum for a ranch house. Our goals are to build a house that is simple and affordable to both build and maintain going forward with a functional floor plan and natural light.

Our design concept is about 2,245 sq ft and is inspired by a family vacation house that has a simple footprint and upon entering, has open concept public spaces on one end and private spaces on the other end.

I don't have elevations or official drawings yet but can visualize the elevations with a simple gable roof for the main house and a gable over the front porch. I am hoping to get pass/fail type feedback at this stage along the lines of "this is workable and you're on the right track" or "please.stop.now." (although hopefully not that ;)).

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Comments (27)