SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cdscola

BOM July 2019 - Entwined Star

Char
4 years ago

Here is a star block from the free quilt block website called Patchwork Square. I am partial to star patterns and I hope you all like this one as well. The link takes you

directly to the printer ready pages to make it as easy as possible to download. Hope nobody minds me posting early, but I have a really full day tomorrow and I didn't want to delay.

Entwined Star quilt block pattern

Here is my first block of two.

Comments (18)

• Char
    Original Author
    4 years ago

That picture didn't seem to post correctly. If you click to view, I think you can see the whole block ;-D

• nannykins
    4 years ago

That looks like an interesting star. We have company coming today for the week but I will try to get some time to myself and work on this. Thanks Char.

Theresa

• Larri
    4 years ago

Such a nice block, Char! Not sure when I can get to it, but I definitely want to give this a try. Thanks for sharing and Happy Quilting!

• littlehelen_gw
    4 years ago

Love this block Char! I’m behind on my BOM, nut hope to get caught up by summers end. This looks so interesting to me....gotta try it soon...thank you

• Char
    Original Author
    4 years ago

It looks more complex than it really is. There is a little trimming involved, but not too much waste.

• bev2009
    4 years ago

Love the star! I'll look forward to getting caught up in August.

• nannykins
    4 years ago

Here is one block. I do have fabric ready for a second.

Now it is not perfect because all those colours should line up nicely. Mine are misbehaving. Maybe the second one will be better.

Theresa

• Char
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Looks pretty good to me! I think the block is striking with your fabric choices.

• nannykins
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I couldn't sleep last night so rather than toss and turn, I worked on a second block.

I like my fabrics but I guess the two bar fabrics should be closer in value. The blue is overpowering. Note to self...audition before cutting.

Theresa

• grammyp
    4 years ago

I like that star, may have to put it on my bucket list. I think you are right about the value for the bars.

• loisflan
    4 years ago

I see what you mean about the color values. I think having the dark fabric in the background star helps too. I really like your first block.

• Char
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Here's my second block. Pieced it at midnight last night, lol. Couldn't sleep! I think I like my first one better, though.

• Char
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I don't know why my pictures don't seem to be loading correctly >.<

• nannykins
    4 years ago

Shall we start a "midnight quilters" group? It is really surprising what happens when fabrics are interchanged. I like both of yours Char.

• bev2009
    4 years ago

I'm really happy with this one, but red/white/and blue is so easy, what's not to like? And yes, it is an OOPS, or variation but I really like it. I should try and remember to square the block up before I take a photo.

• nannykins
    4 years ago

I like it very much, Bev!

Theresa

• Char
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I really like your block, Bev!

• Larri
    4 years ago

Love how different color combinations and placement change up this block. They are as unique as each of you! :)