SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_993317625

What kinds of containers do you use for your trees?

blue bayou
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I basically use plastic pots (except clay for cacti and other succulents, and bromeliads), or glazed ceramic on a few. My plants are indoor/outdoor though and the sun does the number on plastic over the years. I use everything from recycled garbage cans, buckets..., whatever. (My collection is concentrated on palms, cycads, Citrus, Ficus, & bananas.) So, I had this idea of painting the plastic to make them look nicer and was stunned with the results. I used DeckOver paint (textured, not smooth). These pots only had ONE coat so far. Should weather well as it's meant to be WALKED on. (I used to HATE this product but it has improved over the years; these past few years were aweful in terms of SNOW and RAIN but held up very well despite the shoveling for snow and ice. So have quite a bit of painting to do for my latest mini project.

P.S., The two bigger containers hold my loquat trees, grown from seed. Deer love to eat the leaves not to mention the fruit, so they need to be protected on my deck.

Comments (26)