SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Oh, oh--they are back! Ugh!

4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

You know what I mean-- the JBs.

Japanese Beetles! Yuck, yuck, yuck!

Three days ago, I found two of 'em holding their own little orgy on the pristine pink petal of sweet Olivia Rose Austin. Shocking! I promptly smashed them. What a way to go? Tough luck, JBs!

Then two days ago, I found at least a half dozen of the ugly beetles eating or reproducing (mostly eating, actually) on my Munstead Wood which had just burst into magnificant bloom! I hate 'em and none of them lived to tell of their crime against my favorite rose!

Kinda upsetting how quickly they multiplied in just 24 hours! I remember--just a few years ago--that we rarely saw even a half dozen of them for the entire summer!

Today? It has been steadily raining since dawn--too wet for me to go out and do a JB patrol (do JBs remain active during rainy weather?), so we will have to wait until tomorrow--Day 4 since the JB returned!

I will soon have to go out and pick most of my blooming roses--so that they don't attract more JBs--but I hate to go mostly rose-less for a good portion of the summer. Darn, darn, darn!

Kate (sulking at her computer)

Comments (8)