SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brianasplace

Adding a enclosed storage space under Covered Deck

B Carey
4 years ago

I am GCing my own project....but may talk to framer about this also. Since I'm sure there are multiple ways to go about it, I wanted to get opinions on the best or most cost effective ways to do this.

I have a large covered deck planned. On the basement level patio below, I would like to enclose a 16 ft *12 ft space for future pool supply storage. I am also considering a powder room in that space, but them would have to heat it. (I have a lower level powder room that is halfway across the basement, and don't really worry that my carpet will get soaked for usage of this bathroom, so probably cheapest just to use this). Above the space I would like to use for enclosed storage is the outdoor kitchen, which has a roof above.

I am currently planning to do wood decking, but could also do a tile in the outdoor kitchen if that helped with the water tightness of the storage below. I can do a poured concrete wall or figure that concrete blocks would be the cheapest. 2 or 3 sides would then be concrete and one side would be wood framing.

What are my options for doing the "roof" of the storage space? Would I need to do tile for my outdoor kitchen flooring versus wood to keep it watertight? (I actually like the idea of tile there, and saw an outdoor kitchen with tile, but figured I couldn't do it since mine is on the 2nd level.

I can't imagine this project would cost that much in comparison to the amount of storage it would give. Thank you!

Comments (13)