SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

The next big thing for my Mom's move to assisted living

rob333 (zone 7b)
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Check this out! It has a lock, everything in one place and a mirror. How cool is that for someone who has memory issue and is staying in a place where folks stumble up on things they might like to borrow? I plan on taking out seven or so sets at a time and see if they stick around, rotating out sets weekly. It's all costume. The good jewelry is in the safe, NOT in her new apartment.

My mom has so much jewelry, it aint funny. I know she loves wearing it, daily, and I was completely tired of seeing her wear the same watch and same pair of silver hoop earrings, that I figured out a way to make it better for her during her recovery stay in the nursing home. I knew she was tired of it too.

I got five suction cup hooks and hooked them on her bathroom mirror, and added different things to wear, a bracelet, necklaces, etc. She has been enjoying it and wearing it all... yay! We are in the process of culling everything in her home, but right now, I am working on the stuff she loves to play dress up with (her joy in life), nail polish, makeup, and jewelry. She also loves painting and movies, but I don't need to toss any of that ;)

I have only been through about a third of it. Already, I have filled all 91 slots (with plenty left over to switch out later) of the rings, if that tells you about her hoard.

Comments (21)