SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
devin_crowdr

Pool right up against house vs down the hill?

devin_crowdr
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We have some flat land that is barely enough room for a pool before our property drops off about 18 ft down To another very large flat level. The bottom level is gorgeous..tropical, lots of trees...I just love it. We (sort of) have a choice of slamming our pool close to our house, then doing something else down below (already tons of room for a pool plus large yard etc etc), vs putting it close to house (convenient, access to kitchen and bathrooms, etc).

I am thinking about kid’s birthday parties etc. Diff Contractors are split on where they would put it. Close to house, it would have to be a little smaller and not quite as much decking around it. For big seating areas we would have to build wood decks off the slope. But, it’s close to the house. Otherwise, it would be like 20 stairs (going up almost two flull flights of stairs in a normal house. Flight of stairs=13).

Down the slope we would have tons of room and it would be like a dream pool scenario. That is hard for me to give up. I see kids being able to run around the pool, a bigger pool, having plenty of room For tables and having easy access from swing sets and trampolines to pool and back. However, it’s down there. There are more permitting issues down there, also. I There are flood easement issues because of a creek. And I dunno if a pool house would ever happen so dunno about getting a toilet down there. But i am stuck on the idea. Need someone to talk sense into me. And I do see the advantages of having it close to the house.

Prt of me thinks going down all those stairs is a pain anyways so I should kill the idea of a pool down there just for that. But close to the house feels so claustrophobic. It feels cheesy because our pool would be close to stucco walls.

Help?!?

Comment (1)