SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephen_r_duggins

Hostanity - Orders coming in (the country)

steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I've been really busy lately getting some new orders in the ground. Apparently, too busy for pictures. Had one come in last Thursday and one on Friday. In the Country arrived Monday (just a small order) and while the newest ones were small (as expected) they still had good root systems and Peek-a-boo Purple really struck me as being different (lower left). Both Kanzi (upper left) and Valley's Ruffle Shuffle had many eyes. Guess I'm glad I waited a year on those two.

My hosta insanity is really noticeable this year. Moved to Ohio late summer 2015. Bought 6 Hosta. 2016: Bought 60 plants and made one hosta bed plus some scattered plantings, visited 4 Hosta Nurseries, 1 mail order.

2017: Bought 40 plants and added 2 Hosta beds (1 small), visited 1 Hosta Nursery, 2 mail orders.

2018: 120 new plants, 1 new Hosta bed, expanded the 2nd bed, 2 Hosta Nurseries, 5 mail orders, Joined the Hosta society and bought plants at auction (twice).

2019: 110 new plants (so far), 3 new Hosta beds, 3 Hosta Nurseries, 8 mail orders, no time for the Hosta society, but I'm going to the Tailg8 (and auction).

My body is sore, my wife calls herself the Hosta widow, and I am seriously gonna run out of room when these grow up. I may be in need of an intervention. On the plus side, I've lost some weight.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio