SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
timgwork

Help with front yard landscaping

mit
4 years ago

Hello all.

I am in need of some assistance with figuring out what to do with my front yard landscaping. I'm sure I've already made several mistakes so please be kind. We are on a fairly tight budget so please try to keep it relatively simple. I would be doing the lions share of the work myself so diy friendly would be great as well. I don't mind doing some yard work but I don't want to spend every weekend pruning and tinkering so low maintance would be a plus as well. We a located in British Columbia, Canada and our plant hardiness zone is 6b. The house is south-eastish facing and receives a lot of natural sunlight.

We plan on doing a row of cedars along the left property line separating our yard from the neighbors. I fell like we need a path of sorts from the front door (I know should have poured it with the drivay and entrance slab), so I'm thinking some sort of patio stones that would look nice. I was thinking of some small shrubs lining the path but with the drivway being so close I'm not sure. Maybe a bed or two near the front patio/entrance would be a better idea. Under the front window we were thinking of doing some small trees or shrubs so as not to block the natural sunlight coming through that window.

In all honesty I feel a little lost at this point. I keep just doing things for the sake of doing something but I feel like I need to have a more specific vision of where I'm trying to get.
Please let me know if you need more photos or information. Thank you guys so much in advance.

Comments (6)