SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terez61

Help with telling old home owner-it’s not your house anymore

I am bothered & uncomfortable that the seller of my now new home we purchased over a year ago, contacts me by calling & texting requesting if she can come over & proceeds to ask many questions about hows the house and if she can come by to visit.
She seems like a sweet personable woman when I met her at closing & she had asked to exchange phone numbers “in case I had any questions on any thing after closing.” I felt no harm in it. She came by 2 months after closing with a house warming gift of homemade bread. I let her come into house & she told me she felt “bitter-sweet” in being there. She left after 20min and since then she has texted me -which I ignored & did not answer. Yet now she has called me recently twice & has left messages for me to return her calls for her request to “come over & visit & let me know a good time.” She lives less than 5 miles away. I want this house to be “mine” now. I hate conflicts yet don’t know the best way to confront her that I’m not interested in being friends nor having her over to see how house is doing. To me this is very strange. I know her heart was put into this home..She & her husband built the house years ago and I know she was sad to sell it. *a nearby neighbor had recently informed me.

Comments (9)