SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blksc

New vinyl windows...try to match trim color or just do white?

BlkSC
4 years ago

I bought a repo house about a year ago and immediately had to reside the chimney chase. Because the chase was in such bad shape, I opted to tear it off and make a short chase for a direct vent gas fireplace that will be installed in the basement. I also decided that, while I was at it, to reside the entire north end of the house using Diamond Kote Rigidstack siding system, Terra Bronze for the siding color and Oyster Shell for the trim.

Now I'm in the beginning stages of getting estimates, etc., to possibly have a contractor finish the rest of the house. Enough of the original vinyl windows have issues, like failed seals and yellowing, that I'm going to have the entire exterior done, new windows, doors, siding, gutters...everything. Buy once, cry once, lol.

Now to my question and I'm really just looking for opinions...should I try to color match the windows to the trim or will they look okay being white? Where it's possible, I'm planning on having trim installed (mainly to make it easier to replace windows in the future as the siding should long outlast the windows as long as it's properly maintained). My intention when I bought the house was to fix it up and sell it in three to five years but I know things don't always work out the way we plan...so as I remodel, I'm taking into account that I may end up living here 10 to 20 years. That means I'm trying to strike a balance between quality and cost and I'm trying to make decisions that a majority of possible buyers will like. If you read all of this, thank you! I'll do my best to keep future posts shorter and to the point, lol

The first picture is the north end with the new siding

The second is what the front of the house looks like with the original siding

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH