Looking for countdown tape
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (7)
- 7 years ago
Related Discussions
Idyll #428 Countdown To Spring!
Comments (104)Rex and I have circumnavigated the Compound already and I'm about set for a refill on the coffee. It really smells like spring out there. It's warm and there is the only the trickle of melt water to break the quiet. I've hauled out the muck shoes. I've just turned the clocks ahead. I don't understand what the big deal is about something as arbitrary as "daylight savings" (this is a standing joke with the fishermen, too). What fun to hear from Blabs. Always fun to hear from a long quiet voice. Life takes us down different paths periodically and it's always fun to get a shot of new news here in Idyll land. It's hard to believe AJ is getting ready to move into high school. Latin? sounds pretty cool, when you need someone to speak to a dead Centurian you'll be all set, won't you? ;) Does AJ presently study a foreign language? I had to chuckle about the divying up of household chores, too. Lately, I've been the standard bearer in that department and when I've "cracked the whip" the reaction has been predictably sluggish. I am yoked in matrimony to the king of fingerprints and his debris trail can be overwhelming at times. Stick to your guns, Nurse Ratchett. Interesting read about Annie's struggles, it certainly underscores the importance of mastery of basic skills for future success and also the necessity of parental involvement to see that mastery is achieved. It must be terribly frustrating for a teacher to be faced with a challenged student who get little support and encouragement on the home front, so I can only imagine what a lovely surprise it must have been for Annie's teachers to see a nuturing support system in place for her. And I'm quite certain her own self-confidence shines like a beacon as a result of all that hard work. Thing like that brighten my day. The arts... oh boy, where to start? I will never understand why they are the first things to be cut from a curriculum (personally think getting rid of some "administrators" would be more prudent). I believe everyone has a streak of creativity and fostering it brings out the best in people. And yet we put so little value on it. We cut it in curricula, we squelch it in the workplace, and assign it low priority. I recall how devastated I was in a new school when I was told the limited spaces in the art program were "for kids with real talent" (no one looked at my Jr. High portfolio, however). And there was no music for those of us who didn't play an instrument, either. The arts foster creative thinking that spills over into the "core curriculum". I laud those parents who foster a love for the arts in their kids. Good for you! Marian, Nolon's supply wagon cracked me right up. That is SO much like the helpmeet, BIL, and my late FIL. And it's one of the reasons I'm having such trouble getting culled items out to the kerb for trash day... seems everything to be tossed out could find life in another form, lol. I am very impressed by the scope of the yard clean up that's been keeping you and Nolon busy these past weeks. One of the things I found so satisfying last fall was how some carefully directed effort made such a big difference in how things appeared. And how I felt about taking on a task that seemed so huge and daunting at the time. Little bit by little bit... . Seems to me, though, that what Nolon really needs is a RECLINER on wheels (maybe motorized?) so he can flip it back and watch you work from a supine position. :) It's going to be probably a solid month before I hear Peepers around here, they usually pipe up just about the time the last of the ice melts in the pond, though often I hear them earlier in warmer parts of town. I love them, they are for me (along with Redwing Black birds) the real harbinger of spring. And nice to hear news from Martie, too. I'm glad things are looking up at Cornfield Park. I think of Rich whenever news of the housing downturn and its effect on construction makes the news. We received a mailing from a rather high end builder the other day. The focus of it was on remodelling and historically sympathetic renovation, with the "no job is too small" inclusion prominently displayed. Made me wonder about how that jackass electrician who jerked us around is faring these days... . I will be interested to hear what the outcome of the SAC's visit to the hospital is; you have been such a tireless advocate for your brother and all those who struggle with mental illness. It speaks to a deep understanding of how important it is to tend to their special needs, esp. in times of financial crisis. It's a lonely fight, I'm sure, and you should rightfully be proud of your commitment to their welfare and the welfare of the larger society. I smiled at round carrots... when the little weirdos decide they don't "like" the regular kind it's time to outfox 'em and throw 'em a round one, ain't it? :) Brenda, great shot of the newlyweds. But looking at SIL I kept thinking he reminded me of someone famous and funny... I struggled with it all evening and then it came to me. ANDY KAUFMAN! I grant you, Andy was one strange dude, but he was pretty funny. As long as SIL doesn't take up big time wrestling he'll be just fine, lol. OK, gotta get movin' to make up for the "lost" hour. Goal today is to remove the blue painter's tape from the mopboard out in the Salon. Talkatcha later!...See MoreLooking for a good 'Kids' workout tape
Comments (3)Do you have boys or girls? My girls have a Barbie exercise/dance video that they love. Shows them some cute dance moves, but like you said...they have to follow instructions to do it and it really is good exercise. I've even done it with them on occasion. :) It's an older video, but still available at Walmart...or atleast that's where I got it. Jennifer Love Hewitt is in it....she was about 11 or 12 at the time....so that tells you how long the video has been out!...See MoreThe Tiles are Here, and I've got Duct Tape! (Bill_V-look too)
Comments (16)Those tiles are just beautiful. Can't wait to see them installed. Not share pictures? It's simply not possible. They've generated a ton of attention so we wouldn't allow it....See MoreThe Countdown (what should I be doing to prepare?)
Comments (35)Moving the downstairs, and I mean everything, sofa, etc, to a storage unit might be best. It won't be in your way, and it will be clean when all is done! Can anything go in plastic bins in your garden? Just wondering...will your workers be using the 2nd floor bathroom? (I don't think there's one on the main floor, is there?) If so, you might NOT want to use it for the kitchen sink. They'd be tracking dust etc up there. A good temporary kitchen is Panera lol! So excited that it's getting started! I remember your thread on the planning, hope you will keep us posted on the progress :)...See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years agostacey_mb thanked Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

HOLIDAYSSurviving the Christmas Countdown: A Parent's Guide
Make things easier on yourself, for heaven's sake — and for the sake of truly enjoying the holiday with your family
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESDIY: How to Use Tapes and Trims to Embellish Your Decor
Trim soft furnishings and window coverings with decorative edgings to add definition and style
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESArranging Furniture? Tape it Out First!
Here's how to use painter's tape to catch any interior space-planning mistakes early
Full Story
DECORATING PROJECTSDIY: Make a Designer-Look Pillow Sham
Give a sofa or bed a high-end touch in about an hour with low-cost materials — if you don't tell, they'll never know
Full Story
MY HOUZZMy Houzz: Artful Treasures and Duct-Tape Hacks in New York
Found objects and inherited items get their due in a gleaming Harlem apartment
Full Story
HOLIDAYS24 Simple Pleasures and Treats for Your Holiday Countdown
Cozy up by the fire with a hot drink and enjoy these ideas for savoring the season
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES15 Fresh Ways to Style Your Home for a New Look
Give your rooms an inexpensive makeover with textiles, chalkboard paint and accessories you already have on hand
Full Story
TRADITIONAL STYLE10 Elements of the Pale and Pretty ‘Country Chic’ Look
Embrace rustic simplicity with whitewashed woodwork, faded florals, soft pastels and more
Full Story
HOLIDAYSTurkey Day Countdown: 7 Things to Do This Weekend
Get your home ready for guests and the big meal
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESLose It: CDs, DVDs, Cassettes and VHS tapes
Still have piles of old cassettes, jewel boxes and videos piled in your garage? Learn how to get rid of them the eco-friendly way
Full StorySponsored
More Discussions


mikie_gw