SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_432749594

Need advice on what to do with sick rubber plant!

5 years ago

A few weeks ago, I bought this rubber plant from someone who was moving and unable to take along her houseplants. She said that it was healthy and doing well at one point but when she went on an extended vacation last year, she left it in the care of her dad who didn’t really know how to look after it properly. She came back to it half dead, so she cut off all the dead leaves and just left a few that still looked fine. Since then, it’s had a few small leaves grow, as you can see near the tops but they haven’t gotten any bigger. As for the large ones that were still alive and didn’t need to be cut, they’re rather firm but they droop quite a bit. I thought perhaps the plant just needed a nice, bright spot to sit in with the right amount of watering and it would recover. However, I haven’t seen any improvement since I brought it home. I have it in a bright room, a few feet away from a south-facing window, and I’ve been watering it once a week, making sure the top inch of soil is dry before watering. I’m not sure what else I can do to help the plant. Any suggestions?

Comments (5)