SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Nicole does it again! Thanks, Nicole!

Lars
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I happened to mention on the forum that I really have been wanting some Ric Rac ephiphyllum, and Nicole offered to send me some, and I accepted with glee. Here's the Ric Rac

This will be easy for me to root and grow outdoors, as it does well in my climate. In addition, she also send these cuttings:

This shows an epiphyllum (Chyrsoacardium), which I did not already have and which has very interesting leaves - much different from the other epiphyllum that I have, plus Oxypetalum epiphyllum, which I do already have, but these cuttings look different from mine. Both of these make white flowers, and I will have to see how different this Oxypetalum is from mine. The flowers may look different, and they may have a different fragrance. Anyway, I will be rooting them and growing them to find out. Since this one blooms only at night, I will have to put it in a place where I will not miss the flowers.

Also, she sent me some Hoya Varigata cuttings,

and I've not grown hoya before, and so this will be a new one for me. I'm not exactly sure how to root it, and a few of the leave came off during shipping, but I think these leaves can also be rooted. From what I've read, this is supposed to be a house plant, but I will try to grow it in a very shady part of my back yard in a hanging pot. I'll have to do a bit of research before I try to root it, but I think it will make an interesting plant with flowers that are very different from anything I already have.

Anyway, thank you very much for your generosity, and I wish that I could send you some cuttings as well, but we do live in very different climate zones, and most of my plants are tropical. Some can be grown indoors, but I've not done that with them.

If there is anything you would like for me to send, Nicole, please let me know, and also know how much I appreciate your generosity. I always love getting new epiphyllum!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz