SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mladensk

backyard - not sure what to build

See picture. We previously had an above ground pool which created a circle in our backyard. We have the garden along the fence following the outline. There was a grading requirement which is why the retaining bricks (on the right side) extend past the garden into the grass area. The swing is my favourite thing. It has a top that is currently not attached. We have a full patio eating area off to the left of the photo. I am looking at “finishing” the old pool space incorporating the following:
- my swing bench (could be attached to another frame)
- the ability to have open space above to enjoy sun
- the ability to get shade as required (offset umbrella?)
- casual seating eg. Wicker chairs
- could incorporate fire pit (gas is possible as we have gas line in back corner from the former pool heater)

Here’s the dilemma I have been facing. A gazebo is round but has a roof and is raised so the back garden is harder to incorporate. A pergola with retractable canvas on top is possible since I could also hang the swing from it but not sure how square or rectangle structure would look in the space or what would be on the ground.
Some kind of patio and then use offset umbrella but not sure how to incorporate my swing.
Biggest problem is we need a budget friendly solution so no interlock or kits. Hubby is handy so we would do ourselves.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida