SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
symonemaddie

Need help with backyard and lots of trees

Symone G
4 years ago
Hi,

I’m a new homeowner and I’ve finally finished the inside and want to give some attention to the outside.

My backyard is a decent size with about 20 trees. The owner before me did not take care of the outside minus annual raking and the occasional mowing. The middle of the yard is mostly moss with what I think is a mix of a little grass and mostly weeds growing. The sides get more sun and is grassy but still lots of weeds. I did one round of weed and feed about 3 weeks ago hoping to grow grass and kill the weeds out back. But I don’t think the back gets enough sun to grow grass and that’s why there was moss.

The larger trees have above the ground roots which makes it hard to plan areas. (dining, seating, etc.) So questions is how can I improve my yard? Should I put mulch around the larger trees so no one trips over the roots? But that will make pretty much the entire left corner of the yard mulch. Which will be expensive and I don’t know if it’ll look great. So please help I’m a complete novice.

Comments (7)