SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter

A few updates (and some poorly taken pictures)

Per justerrilynn's request in the other thread, I'm attaching a baby bump picture. It is poorly taken as you can see. Although I am 20 weeks, I do not think I really look pregnant in most outfits I wear (this dress being an exception) I think that it is because I am just pretty small in general and I've only gained like 12 pounds.

To make up for the poorly taken picture, here is a cute one from the ultrasound. Baby Finley (which is what I am calling him and have most of our family calling him even though my husband insists that will not be his name) wouldn't cooperate at ALL for the ultrasound lady who wanted to get a good picture of his face!

Also, Molly the Beagle had her 3 month checkup with her cardiologist after her heart surgery at Royal Veterinary College on Jan 28... and all is GREAT! Her heart is still at upper end of normal range (it was double the size prior to surgery) and she has only a very soft murmur. Her cardio, who previously diagnosed her with congestive heart failure and gave her 8-12 months to live, now says she is just like a dog with very early stage valvular disease who is likely to have no heart issues for many, many years.

The goal of this surgery is to reverse the valvular disease and basically lock the heart's condition in place so she will see no further deterioration of her heart. Based on the outcome, she will now eventually pass of something else before her heart condition ever becomes a problem again. The amazing team of doctors at RVC are truly working miracles!

Comments (42)