SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
esther_lorenzo62

Help with ideas to update exterior of this raised ranch!

Esther Lorenzo
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Seeking window and front door advice in particular, plus any other fairly budget-friendly ideas to improve look of our raised ranch. We're in a great neighborhood for our price point and housing costs in Beacon NY are through the roof. I don't love raised ranches but this is what we could afford, and I'm not seeking to try to change it into another type of house, just update it a bit. We procured a loan to change the windows, front door and back sliding glass door. Some of them are partially rotted, particularly the back sliding door. I would love pointers on what you think wood look appropriate for the style of house. I was thinking six over one double hung windows for the most part, and a door with 1/2 glass with the muntins and sidelights to match that. The back sliding glass door would just be all glass, no muntins. I know the big pine has to go but that'll be down the road. I think it has a disease anyway. I was thinking Hale Navy or charcoal black front door with white sidelights and trim, stay with the white color on windows (exterior and interior) but get rid of the shutters and widen the trim? Maybe someday paint the vinyl siding a soft light gray? At some point we will widen the driveway as well....

Comments (14)