SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

3 Season Sunroom Frame...repaint...

andrelaplume2
5 years ago

So we have a three season room on the back of our house. I've noticed... and it's a little worse this year... that if I go to clean the frame work around the glass, the paint is coming off.. you see what happens when I just rub my hand on the dried paint. (Pics)

My front storm door suffered the same problem 5 or 6 years ago. I wiped it down and then wiped it off with denatured alcohol... I don't remember where I got that idea from... I then masked everything off and spray painted it white. In the end it looks great and has held up fine however it is undercover in that probably helps.

I'm kind of thinking I have to do the same thing out back.. Clean it with something .. can you tell me what?

Whatever it is I assume is going to remove portions of the paint perhaps even down to the. Bare metal aluminum.

Next I'll need to paint it? What do you recommend I use? Brush something on or again just Rust-Oleum? I assume spraying would be easier though I would have to mask everything off... but I might get a better looking outcome?

Anybody have any tips or tricks? I 'd appreciate them ....thank you.

Comments (9)