SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ja_doe

Matching Sofa or Whole "New World" Sofa?

Ja Doe
5 years ago

I am in the process of "redesigning" this room.

The two gray sofas pictured are about 4 months old.

Now we want to add a sofa (and perhaps a couple of smaller chairs) to this room, but we're not sure if the new sofa should be the same style and color as the other 2 sofas?

-OR- should the new sleeper sofa be different and has it's own "world" with a table, etc., complimenting, but not perfectly matching the other sofas?

If so, what color should a new sofa be? (I've added some fabric samples.)

The new sofa will be very large, for many guests to use it. (We don't want just more chairs, we want another sofa. We're all about comfort and seating space rather than aesthetics for this room, but we'd like it to look nice, of course.)

I'm adding some pictures to get a feel of the entire rug...(apologies for my poor photography "skills".)

It's a big room, 30 x 20

And yes, there IS plently of room for a sofa, small table and a couple of chairs,It won't look "crowded" at all, it's just my bad photography that makes the room look smaller than it is. (The LAST picture shows where the "old" sofa used to be. It's a large sofa and could still use a couple of chairs, etc., to take up "space".)

It's the 1st Family Room on the upper level. There is another family room on the 1st floor that is more casual, for kids,etc., to feel comfortable. There is also a formal Living Room...

This room we'd like somewhere in between.

Also, could use some area rug suggestions and ideas to incorporate the wood floor more (but nothing to "rustic", the other Family Room is already done in that style.)

Perhaps 2 pictures as well on each side of the fireplace? (The mirror over the right side fireplace reflects the forest that this room overlooks.)

The table will remain for now as we don't want anything too "heavy" to distract from the stone fireplace and the view.

THANK YOU !

Comments (16)