SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
radiantpoppy

My Dicentras (Bleeding Hearts) seem stunted

radiantpoppy
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

This is my dicentras' third year and they are coming up but something seems wrong. One of them is about a foot tall but is already getting yellowy and hasn't really grown much lately. The other two are nothing more than a tiny tuft of leaves barely an an inch of growth with nothing really going on. I am in Charlotte, North Carolina area and last year they were big by this time of year (they tend to do all their growing and flowering in spring and fall and die back for the summer), but this year they seem straight up stunted. I think I may dig the smallest one up to see what I can see concerning the root ball. But if anyone has any advice or experience with whatever may be causing this then I am all ears. It's sad to me that they were so big and vivacious in previous years, but this year they stopped at the starting line. Thanks for listening

Keep in mind when you view these pictures that these plants normally are about three feet tall by now and also three feet wide and are also covered with flowers.

This one never really grew:

This one grew to about a foot and 1.5ft x 1.5ft.

Comments (7)