SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniemac830

Replacing sink base cabinet

anniemac830
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

In order to replace an existing sink base cabinet complete with existing plumbing how do I cut holes for all the pipes without removing the lines, shut offs etc? Currently there are single holes for clean out, two drains, (one for each double sink bowls), hot and cold, and an electric wire only for direct wiring to disposal. I am pretty handy but really don't want to remove all the valves and lines etc. I know I must disconnect these that are connected to the sink, water and drain in order to remove the sink and counter top (also replacing) but there are two water shut off valves on the incoming lines. One each for the hot water (straight forward placement) and another to the dishwasher line (which I do not have and is not connected but somebody some day may want one) to the side and one to the cold water and the ice maker line to the fridge. These are to the side of the H & C lines and will require a large hole to get around them. They are essentially an L shape but horizontal. Can I cut larger holes to accommodate them and then disguise the butchery? Am I over thinking the inside under belly of a sink base which no one will ever see but me? Any ideas are welcome. TIA

Comments (9)