SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donwreich

Please help identify this blotchy leaf - Mosaic Virus?

I have 4 of 14 plants in my crop that are displaying a blotchy leaf discoloration. I noticed them on plants that are not developing as rubustly as my other plants. The leaves are much smaller as are the plants. When I looked closely at the leaves I noticed that they had blotches of dark patches and yellowish patches, which don't look like a fungus or blight. All my plants went in the ground 1 month ago. They are planted in raised beds with bagged potting mix from fox farm. They went in with a small amount of granular 'Happy Frog' fertilizer (5-7-3). They are watered with a drip system 2x per week. I sprayed them once after the first week of planting with liquid copper fungicide. All plants started in the same green house. The plants are different varieties. All other plants are extremely robust with healthy foliage and plenty of new flowers. I researched online and what it looks like is Mosaic Virus. Maybe tobacco mosaic, maybe cucumber mosaic. Do any of you have a suggestion? And if it is mosaic virus, do the plants need to be pulled?

Comments (2)