SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

Have You Lost Height? What ELSE Happened Then?

chisue
5 years ago

For a while I wondered if my favorite old winter robe had stretched out in length. Nope. I was shrinking! Now it's brushing the tops of my feet. I was 5' 6" to age 74. Now I'm 78 and 5' 4". My weight has been constant at 100 - 110 lbs. for a decade.

I know spinal shrinkage happens to many people as they age. I know there's a problem between #4 and #5 vertbrae.

My QUESTION here is if such shrinkage is known to affect the midsection of the body -- beyond just the loss of a 'waist' or gain of a 'tire'. Can the compression affect internal organs?

Tomorrow I'll have a CT of abdomen and pelvis, looking for why I have pain in the area of my stomach/pyloric/gall bladder/pancreas. I also have nerve pain across my midriff -- exquisitely sensitive skin like people with shingles describe. (This is not shingles. No eruption. Goes entirely across my middle in front.) I'm also very fatigued -- can sleep 12 hours.

Some of you know that I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma last May. I had weekly chemo (Velcade) until February, when I went to monthly Velcade. It's hard to know what's due to what with me now! Is it the MM? Is it the chemo? Is it compression in my 'middle'? Is it the Tylenol #4 I take for the pain? Is it something ELSE entirely?

I'm interested to hear any related thoughts from my KT friends.

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH