SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexis_payne21

Provenza luxury vinyl jet set or finally mine?

Alexis Payne
5 years ago
Looking at the color jet set in the Moda living collection but can’t find any photos of it installed. Does anyone have photos I can see?

Also looking into finally mine. I’ve seen a few photos of this one installed but would love to see more.

Comments (84)

• Alexis Payne
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Djb10. I wish this thred was available when I was picking colors. Photos are so helpful! Love your stairs, they look great!

• djb10
    4 years ago

I hear you Alexis. I need to visually see something to feel confident about a decision. We rolled the dice a bit because i struggled to find a lot of photos on line of jet set. A bit darker than i expected but i love it. i can post more photos as we finish up work

• Related Discussions

Coretec Plus calypso oak luxury vinyl plank

Q

Comments (55)
    We have calypso oak installed in our house and we love it. We have lived here (a renovation) for 3 weeks now, and really like the way it looks. It's really easy to clean, it looks beautiful, and feels great. We were hesitant to install this type of floor because we had read reviews from many about a tendency for this LVP product to have a sandy or cracking noise when stepped on. We do not have that problem, and we have read that this is an installation issue (dependent upon the cleanliness of the sub floor or the type of subfloor installed below it?). Regardless, we do not have this issue and we are so lucky to have listened to the store we were buying it from (who had never heard of this issue with this product). If you like the way it looks, I recommend installing this product.
    ...See More

Provenza Finally Mine

Q

Comments (4)
    Please post pics of the item you are asking about I for one do not want to go hunting to see what you re talking about. FYI no matter how many people have it it is not your space or your life .
    ...See More

Does anyone have a Shaw hardwood or luxury vinyl they love?

Q

Comments (90)
    That’s wonderful! How about variation between planks? I noticed on the website it looks like there might be quite a noticeable difference between the lighter and darker planks. And yes, we would much prefer to have hardwood but are considering Provenza LVP as well due to cost. We had some install quotes done this week so hopefully we can make a decision between the two options and then narrow down specific color. But Imperial Pecan barley is definitely my front runner for hardwood. It’s beautiful! If you have any other pics handy, I’d love to see them.
    ...See More

Provenza Jet Set?

Q

Comments (2)
    I prefer the bottom one. i think the top one could end up looking stripey.
    ...See More
  • jnicolosi10
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

@Nena Filange where did you end up getting the Provenza at $3.35? I saw some of your posts on other threads as well. I’m also in S FL (Coral Springs) and we are looking as well. Cant decide between At Ease, First Crush and also waiting on samples of Jet Set and Finally Mine. What did you end up going with?

• Nena Filange
    4 years ago

@jnicolosi10 I did end up going with Sweet Talker; after a year of looking I finally pulled the trigger, install was about a week ago and I LOVE it!

As I mentioned in another thread, I’m hesitant to recommend the supplier right now. Although I received the flooring in a timely manner, I’m waiting for them to deal with a few residual issues (small freight claim and incorrect trim pieces). If/once resolved, I’d be happy to pass on the info.

As far as making a choice, you’ve got quite a range there, At Ease to Jet Set! I considered At Ease, First Crush and Finally Mine, but Sweet Talker had the warmth/tones I was looking for. You may want to start by bringing home sample boards, to help narrow down your choices. I strongly suggest seeing full planks, even a full box, if possible, in your space before committing.

• AJ D
    4 years ago

We are still in the remodel process but we LOVE our Provenza Finally Mine flooring. So many compliments already and maybe my favorite of the whole remodel so far.

• JJ Mekai
    4 years ago

@Nena Filange, would you consider posting photos of your installed Sweet Talker? I too have been considering Supercore but just haven't found a color I love. Talked with them today and no new colors coming in. Love the Sweet Talker but just a little unsure on the wide variation in color hue plank to plank I've noticed in some photos. I've read the variation is not so noticeable once installed.

• Crystal Howarth
    4 years ago

@Alexis Payne Your photos of jet set are beautiful! Thank you! I have been considering jet set for a while and your photos really helped! Question - now that it has been a year how is it holding up? Did you have any problem with the floating? like hollow sounds?

Thanks!

• Alexis Payne
    Original Author
    4 years ago

@Crystal Howarth We are happy with them now and they have held up well But it was a long road getting there. My best piece of advice is to make sure your subfloors are properly prepped. Dont cut corners, hire an installer that you feel 100% confident in.

• Crystal Howarth
    4 years ago

@Alexis Payne thank you for the advice! I will make sure I vet the installers well!

Can you send me a picture of your jet set?

crystalchowarth@gmail.com

• haleyrlong
    4 years ago

Me too please.

haleyrlong@yahoo.com

• LaRue Edwards
    4 years ago

If you have installed jet set provenza can you please send me a photo or 2? I have this sample board and it looks pretty uniform but I'm getting confused with all of the back-and-forth on this post as to which pictures are jet set and which pictures are other colors. I have also been looking for about of year and have finally found this product and am kind of excited about it but want to make sure it's the right thing for our hallway entryway

• staceysalm
    4 years ago

• staceysalm
    4 years ago

• staceysalm
    4 years ago

• djb10
    4 years ago

@LaRu Edwards- this is Jet set

• Carrie
    3 years ago

Alexis - I would love videos and photos of jet set too! It looks lighter in most of your shoots and that last one you posted on 5/6/19 looks way darker. The two sample boards I have are darker. I want a medium overall look. Here are some pictures of sample boards in my house. The two on the top left that are darker are jet set.

• Carrie
    3 years ago

My email is cjforrester@gmail.com if you are able to send pics and videos of jet set! Thank you Alexis! Also does it tend to show dirt/footprints/hair etc very much?

• Alexis Peterson Payne
    3 years ago

So my honest opinion is yes, it does show crumbs and footprints. We have young children who are savages. More

food makes it on the ground than their

mouth. It’s a good amount of work to keep the floors looking clean. If we had older children/teenagers it would be much easier but darker floors will always show more than light. That being said, they are beautiful. We have rugs at our front and back doors which catch dirt from outside and that’s not bad. People always comment how beautiful our floors are when they come so I do love them. I can send photos later today.

• Carrie
    3 years ago

Thank you so much Alexis for your opinion! I also have a savage eater and a dog who makes messes and likes to lick the floors so I am wondering about this. They look gorgeous in your space. I will look forward to your pictures/videos. Thanks! cjforrester@gmail.com

• haleyrlong
    3 years ago

I would love some photos too!

haleyrlong@yahoo.com

• Cindy Cripe
    3 years ago

We also went with Jet Set (Alexis helped us with pics/video, too, last year when we were deciding). Here are some pics of ours!

• haleyrlong
    3 years ago

It’s so hard to tell from the small samples in stores compared to lighting in picture! I just wish I could see people’s in real life!

• Alexis Peterson Payne
    3 years ago

Couple more photos from the day after they were installed.

• Jenny
    3 years ago

Where did you guys get samples of Provenza? TIA

• carufel
    3 years ago

Gorgeous! My flooring store is quoting gme $5.09/square foot. That's insane compared to some of your prices. Do any of these stores ship that you have found? I would love to see some photos of Jet Set installed. Do you find it at all too dark, or has it been great? Thanks so much for your help!

• Krista B
    3 years ago

Hoping I can get all the pictures/videos of Jet Set there are! (Also interested in Finally Mine & True Story)

Krista.demiere@gmail.com is my email :) thanks in advance

• Krista B
    3 years ago

Officially stuck between Finally Mine and Jet Set! How did you guys choose??

• haleyrlong
    3 years ago

I still haven’t made a decision. It’s just so hard!! I would love to see jet set in person not just the small sample in stores.

• Carrie
    3 years ago

I *think * this might be Jet Set. Although it could be finally mine. Sometimes they look lighter or darker in pictures. I hope the installer responds to me.

Now I’ll going back and forth between the Provenza product and some of the Urban Floor Cascade series floors. This is such an agonizing decision!

• Jake Authier
    3 years ago

Also interested in pics and vids of Jet Set. I received some samples and they seem rather grey compared to what I am seeing online.

jakeauthier@icloud.com is my email, Thank you!!

• Alexis Peterson Payne
    3 years ago

Jake-I also saw a fair amount of gray in my jet set sample. The gray kind of disappears when all layed out. Id say the overall look is a mix of warmer and cooler with the overall look being just a little bit warm. It’s a great neutral floor.

• haleyrlong
    3 years ago

@Alexis Peterson Payne does the variation as predominant as they look in some of the picture? I have a fear of them looking splotchey/striped. Do they show crumbs and dust and foot prints bad? Sorry for the overload...I’m having the hardest time deciding!!

• Alexis Peterson Payne
    3 years ago

Haley- it’s really hard to photograph floors accurately. There is definitely variation but when they are all laid out they blend nicely. I will say that this is where having a good installer makes all the difference. My husband installed ours and I was particular about which boards went where-blending the lighter boards with the darker ones to avoid any stripey look.

I think it is always smart to order a box. Worth the money for something you have to live with forever.

• Carrie
    3 years ago

I got some more photos of jet set from the local rep in Minnesota- hope this is helpful!

• Mark Calvillo
    3 years ago

I’m looking at the Urban Floors Cascade SPC series. Capri and Anguilla. Somewhat like JetSet. Anyone have any photos of either of them installed?

• Becky Simnick
    3 years ago

@Alexis Payne It looks like you have had your flooring installed for a while. What do you think about the product? We have two pups, so I am curious about the scratch resistant feature. Any complaints? Some of the reviews online are very negative, so I am a bit hesitant!

• Alexis Peterson Payne
    3 years ago

@Becky Simnick They look pretty much brand new. I did drop a heavy hammer on them and I got a small dent. Smaller than I dime. I never notice it unless I look for it. We haven’t had any problems with scratching.

Im less happy with the particular color I picked. They are beautiful but too Much cleaning maintenance for our messy lifestyle. (KIDS😩) But that’s on me.

• R S
    3 years ago

@Alexis Peterson Payne thanks for you comments! which did you end up going with? Would have you gone darker or later?

• Ana Ivies
    3 years ago

@jnicolosi10 what did you end up going with and who did you use? We are in Coral Springs too.

• Mark Calvillo
    3 years ago

We ended up going with the Urban Floors Cascade series in Capri. They are an SPC flooring. I think they turned out great. Love the texture on them. They are a bit darker than the Provenza Sweet Talker we were looking at, but the warmer tone works well with the white and blue.

• JJ Mekai
    3 years ago

@Mark Calvillo, your floors and home look great!

• JJ Mekai
    3 years ago

@Mark Calvillo, after a little while, please come back and let us know how the floors hold up as far as scratching, denting, showing footprints, etc.

• Debbie Schmidt
    2 years ago

We are considering the Provenza Cloud Nine LVP but saw terrible reviews on Yelp but seem to be for their hardwood. For those of you that have had them a couple years, how have they held up? We have 2 kids and a dog. We would be installing 2,100 sq feet so it's a big project and want to make sure we don't have quality issues with delaminating or tearing. Thank you!

• djb10
    2 years ago

@debbie We’ve had ours installed for 1.5 years so not super long. So far things are great and we have Provenza on our stairway too. 1 dog, 2 teen boys, and parents.

• michalea1
    2 years ago

I really appreciate all the pictures! I am currently trying to decide between these 2 options also! My biggest concern with jet set is-can it look too dark? I will be installing these floors in my basement with very dark grey cabinets and white trim. The samples of jet set are perfect, but pictures here seem a little darker. Any advice from those of you with jet set? My worry with finally mine, sometimes appears too light. How about those of you with finally mine? Any suggestions? It is a basement remodel with a kitchen addition. Going with dark greys, brick backsplash and cement counters. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

• djb10
    2 years ago

@michalea1. Jet set has some dark tendencies. Our house is open concept with a two story great room that has HUGE windows so it’s completely fine for my space. If you’re heading in to a basement remodel, I’d err on the side of lighter.

• michalea1
    2 years ago

@djb10 we are adding a lot of can lighting and a 4 panel sliding glass door that spans about 16 feet, so hoping we are adding enough light. What color trim do you have? The jet set is so hard because although your pictures show a bit darker, @Cindy Cripe's pics show much lighter. This is an agonizing decision...we have over 1,000 square feet of flooring, not a small decision!

• michalea1
    2 years ago

@staceysalm-it appears your Jet Set is installed in a basement. Any regrets? I'm looking to install in a basement with dark cabinets, but everything else will be light. From the pics I've seen, you don't really noticed the "distressed" in the boards. Do you notice it in real life?