SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_51618635

Mannington Antigua Pacaya Mesquite Lava Wood Floor Before and After

User
5 years ago

I could not find reviews of this product on Houzz when we we deciding which engineered wood floor to install so I thought I would post before and after pictures along with our take on the floor.

Mannington claims to sell you pieces up to 84" in length. The reality in our case, was not a single piece exceeded 63" in the 35 boxes that we purchased. Other than this misrepresentation, we are happy with the flooring.

It took us years to agree on a color and wood type. We live in a dusty area and I wanted a lighter color that would not show the dust too much. We also wanted an oil based finish for this reason which would provide more of a matte finish instead of a glossy appearance.

We also debated about 2mm or 4mm wear layers and decided that since it is just my wife and I and we are north of 60 that the wear layer would not mean a lot to us. The Mannington Mesquite is only a 2mm wear layer even though they will not disclose this to you on their product information or during a phone inquiry.

The wood comes in only 3", 5" and 7" mixed pieces. It is handscraped and has some almost black character patterns in it. Nice variation and patterns resulting in no two pieces looking the same.

We installed 1,225 sq ft in three rooms replacing the existing carpet.

Comment (1)