Post some pet photos.

User
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

It’s been a while. :)

Comments (72)

• just_terrilynn
    5 years ago

Sue, those photos are just too cute! Are you going to frame & hang?

• jmck_nc
    5 years ago

My 12yo lab and my 3yo mixed breed (not a lab from the lab rescue)

Goofy girl

Grand-dog couch hog.

• Related Discussions

How about posting some hosta garden photos?

Q

Comments (19)
    HH, with a lot of water you can even combine hostas and Sedums! I had saved some nice threads from 09, from hosta_freak Phil and hey_j, but they are beyond the max of 67 pages GW saves and their search function does not work for me. But this time of year it is good to bump up interesting older threads, I think. We will have 4 days in the 40s next week, wow!
    ...See More

Bobbi post some beautiful photos of her garden's progression ...

Q

Comments (0)
    Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know that Bobbi posted some wonderful photos of her garden's progression on the Gallery! According to a poll once read on the Cottage Garden Forum lots of people there didn't even realize there was a Gallery! Check it out. Here is a link that might be useful: Texas Garden Web Image Gallery ...
    ...See More

Getting some photos posted; pre-St. Cloud visit

Q

Comments (8)
    We had a wonderful time. I had a rental car but brought my XM radio with me and also had my GPS to guide us. We talked and talked, believe me Caroline can keep up her end in a chatting match...lol I got to meet some very special people and Harry too. Also got to stay at Caroline's house and met her husband, Wes, who loves to talk also. I am looking forward to going back again another time when hopefully I will be able to spend more time with these gals.
    ...See More

I need some help with posting photos....

Q

Comments (1)
    I wish I could help you Patti but I was having trouble myself. Merry Christmas.
    ...See More
  • jmck_nc
    5 years ago

Speaking of framing dog photos. I just put these up in our dog room.

• nini804
    5 years ago

Two of our darling Cavachon, Hudson!

Bathtime!

He received a “manly” tie at his Valentine’s Day grooming! Dd thought he would look distinguished with glasses, lol!

• gsciencechick
    5 years ago

Shee, I had a B&W longhair kitty just like yours. He was the sweetest boy who loved belly rubs.

Here are ours now. Little girl loves to loaf in the sunspot. Black kitty is recovering from a paw sprain from trying to climb the kitchen barstool and missing, making a hard landing on the tile floor. Poor thing. He is 15, so not as agile as he once was. He is gradually getting better but still is limping. It is very hard not to have him jump up and down things. Two vet visits and x-rays so far. We really have nowhere to confine him.

• maire_cate
    5 years ago

Willis loves the pool - but he doesn't swim.

edited to add - that's not me! it's my neighbor

• Bonnie
    5 years ago

Billie doing what she does best!

• Bestyears
    5 years ago

Here's our Savannah on her first trip to the lake house.

• Sueb20
    5 years ago

Jt, I keep meaning to frame this one.

• 3katz4me
    5 years ago

One more - just taken. I decided to put a towel on this chair today so I can quickly remove all the white cat hair when we want to sit on it. Obviously the presence of a new towel doesn’t interfere with their enjoyment.

• dedtired
    5 years ago

I’m currently petless so I will share a picture of my brother’s cockatoo. All these cuties are making me think I want another ( but I don’t).

• beaglesdoitbetter
    5 years ago

Molly Beagle is doing really well after her surgery. She's just over two months into her 3-months of restricted activity (she's capped at 3 short 15-minute walks a day). We'll be going to the cardiologist April 26 to check to see her heart size and whether there is any regurgitation. At her one-month appointment, she had "trace" regurgitation (which is normal because they can't make the heart valve perfect) and her heart was shrunk back down to normal size (It was previously twice the size it should have been)

And here's her brother Bailey being adorable.

• Sharon Perkins
    5 years ago

My absolute pain in the neck dog Orry. It’s a good thing he’s cute!

• beaglesdoitbetter
    5 years ago

My Bailey picture won't post :( Edited - never mind, I think I got it in this one.

• nutsaboutplants
    5 years ago

Earl Gray and his littermate sister Ginger Spice.

User thanked nutsaboutplants
  • amj0517
    5 years ago

Here is Murphy. He is almost 8 months old.

Quite a change from when we got him.

• Lukki Irish
    5 years ago

All of these photos are so fun to see! Great thread!

Here’s our girl, Ellie asking me to play with her

• schoolhouse_gw
    5 years ago

nutsaboutplants - LOVE that name, Earl Gray!

• just_terrilynn
    5 years ago

Sharon, I hear you on the absolute pain in the neck dog. Our Sasquatch is that! I can’t help but love him even though he thieved all the bacon off the counter yesterday. He’s always doing something bad.

• skibby (zone 4 Vermont)
    5 years ago

Sasquatch: "I've got a great Mom - she always leaves me snacks!"

• msmeow
    5 years ago

I always say that's why kittens and puppies are so cute - so you don't kill them when they are bad!

Donna

• Faron79
    5 years ago

Well, some might be repeats of our Samoyed, Callie!?

Faron

• ladypat1
    5 years ago

My daughters and I trying to get a family shot, each holding our own dogs. this was the best it got.Crazy!

• neetsiepie
    5 years ago

My husband caught this little guy in our backyard when our dog Tux wouldn't come in. He had to go pick Tux up and carry him in, then he saw the bun. It was obviously a pet-it's quite tame and is used to people. We've tried to find it's home, but to no avail.

He asked the the other night what we were going to do about it-I've been looking in to rabbit rescues, and I told him I didn't care but IF he kept it he was 100% responsible, and did he want to deal with ANOTHER animal (we've got 6 cats and 2 dogs already). Next thing I know he's gone to the store and bought bok choy, carrots, cilantro and a huge bag of bedding. He moved Berry (short for Cadbury) into a large dog crate and set him up a bed and a nice little house-in the guest room. I guess DH made his decision...

• jakabedy
    5 years ago

Aussie/Border/Buffalo mixes Poco (black) and Presto (blue merle).

• sealavender
    5 years ago

What do you want to watch?

• nini804
    5 years ago

Neetsiepie! OMG!! How absolutely adorable! I have serious bunny love. :) That sweet face!

• User
    5 years ago

Neetsie I agree about the cute bun...but I'm a bit biased since DD has always had one. Hers is, however, a house bunny and is allowed free reign. They're curious creatures who like the company of their humans. Have you tried posting on your local CL?

Also, sealavender, I'm a kind of obsessed with parakeets/budgies. Whenever I'm in the pet shop I'm always drawn to the parakeet cage...they such a funny little society going on in there :) How can you not smile?

• msmeow
    5 years ago

Neetsie, he's adorable! Someone must be missing him. :(

Donna

• Bestyears
    5 years ago

Neetsiepie -have you tried NextDoor? Around here, that's proving to be the best way to reunite lost pets and their people. What a cutie!

• Olychick
    5 years ago

People turn pet rabbits loose all the time when they become too large or too much trouble or not what they expect in a pet. One of my friend's daughters tried to have a "house bunny" and it chewed everything, esp electrical cords. I think she kept it, though, but lots of people won't. Guess they figure they can survive on their own :-( There was a found rabbit post on our NextDoor and the neighbors chimed in that it was a former pet turned loose and everyone in the neighborhood kind of adopted it and looked after it, someone brought it into their home during some snowy weather we had, then set it loose again.

• msmeow
    5 years ago

Olychick, I see posts on Facebook this time every year about NOT buying bunnies to put in Easter baskets. I'm sure it's for the reasons you named.

Donna

• aok27502
    5 years ago

OMG, I'm dying here. We are petless for now, and I just want to snuggle all of them!

• Bunny
    5 years ago

Zephyr and Bessie. This is their 8th birthday shot coming up later this month.

• User
    5 years ago

OMG ... Cadbury! He looks exactly like a toy Easter bunny come to life. I LOVE him!

• 3katz4me
    5 years ago

That bunny is SOOO cute. Happy he has found a good home!!

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    5 years ago

Mia Tuesday for her birthday she got a pupachino! Lip lickin goodness. She is 10 years old.

Our sweet Great Dane Majic we miss him constantly.

Garfield precious boy miss you!

• neetsiepie
    5 years ago

I'll try NextDoor, but I'm pretty confident it was a pet let loose. My DD and her DH captured a bun in their garden that was an offspring of a bun let loose by the prior owners of their house. There had been a rabbit hutch there when they bought the place and last year a bun was feasting on their garden. Neighbors said there were buns in the neighbor hood when the POs lived there.

So yes, for the time being Cadbury is happy in his new home. I noticed the fridge was full of more greens last night when I got home. Spoiled bun for sure!

• User
    5 years ago

Bun's love dried cranberries...but they are rare treats! Just for your dh's info ;)

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    5 years ago

Our granddogdoodle loves her Bunny and t.v.

• aok27502
    5 years ago

Haha, it's a real bunny. I thought she was cuddling a stuffed bunny.

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Gsciencechick - The black and white one is my buddy. He’s very easy going and lets me hug on him. He recently turned 13 and is slowing down more. I‘ll really miss him someday.

Little girlie, she’s sweet but like every calico I’ve ever been around is very high alert! She can be sitting in you lap, move your leg a little and she bolts like there’s ‘danger’. She comes right back. Nobody has ever abused her or over handled her,etc. I think it’s just in a calioco’s nature. (Someone is now going to prove me wrong, ha.) I’ll miss her too.

Dlm- I laughed about the moles. :)

Neetsie- I’m glad the bunny is safe. He’s so cute! I’m not really surprised but upsets me when people get pets and then aren’t responsible with them. I can’t imagine just dumping them outside.

Martinca- Aw, your granddog in the face and coloring look like the dog we had growing up!

I’ve enjoyed seeing these!

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    5 years ago

Yes, shee. Their sweet faces!!

• alex9179
    5 years ago

Well, we've added two kittens. DH's boss found them in a parking lot on Easter Sunday and brought them to work, hoping someone would take them home. We're such suckers! I think they were around 4 weeks old and have doubled in size, since. Our 10 yr old cat is not happy. She avoids them to the extreme but is only hissy if they run up to her.

Meet Calliope (her fur is a circus of color) and Arnold the Buff.

Easter Sunday, jailed in our bathroom.

Closeups of their adorable faces. An early pic of Calliope and a recent one of Arnold.

• Bestyears
    5 years ago

What great timing! Savannah just had her first groom today. She's such a fraidy-pants about everything (most recently the ceiling fan), that I've been holding off. But I found a really great, gentle groomer, and she did great.

The Before:

And the After:

She's such a little sweetie....

• Allison0704
    5 years ago

Love all your babies! These threads always make me smile.

Our home is down one, after loosing our old man recently. He was 13yo (left). Our Lab is 12.5yo. We thought we were going to loose him two weeks ago. He has a brain tumor that causes seizures. The are usually spread a good bit apart, but he had 2 in 3 days, and looked just awful. Thank goodness he perked back up because DH was already upset about loosing his other buddy.

Our #1 female dog tore her ACL and Meniscus 4 days after loosing the old man. Talk about an upset mama! Luckily she had successful surgery, sailed through her 6 weeks of crate/down time, and is working well through her 6 weeks of still being leashed. She is 7yo, but we've only had her about 2yrs. She is the sweetest dog I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Pre-surgery pic:

Post-surgery, having some out-of-crate time with me:

The tiniest, but not youngest, is 10yo. She misses the old man. He was her BFF.

Even the cats are getting on up there. This guy is 12yo:

This guy is approximately 10yo, and we've had him 7 years.

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Sporting his fresh lion cut. He just had a bath and his ’mane’ needs brushed.

I prefer his fur long but he tends to get knots and isn't super cooperative for brushing so a few times a year he gets a trim.

• 3katz4me
    4 years ago

Great to see some more pics - the little kittens are SOOOO cute. I've only had kittens once - my first two cats when I got out of college.

• msmeow
    4 years ago

Oooh, those kitten faces! Awww! We got a kitten that way once - she turned up in the parking lot at my dad's workplace. He brought her into the office to keep her safe and of course she spent the day napping on his desk. I can't remember if he called mom to warn her that we were getting another cat, or if he just showed up with her. :)

Donna

• Faron79
    4 years ago

Miss Callie was at the Groomer Monday for her spring cleanup! She's never too fired-up afterwards, but here's a couple after I picked her up!

Aaaaaaaannnndd.....

Getting some kisses last Saturday...

Faron