SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
irricca

I want these but don’t know what they are?

I keep seeing these in my area and would like some in my yard. What are they??

Comments (3)

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    5 years ago

It looks like a double azalea of some type.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    5 years ago

I agree. A shrub, not an annual. You'd need to research suitable candidates for your climate.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    5 years ago

you dont mention where you are ... but its brilliant.. that you found local plants to ID .. and put in your garden ...

since you have seen them local.. then any good local nursery.. ought to be the place to start .... to find plants for your area .. [and i do NOT count bigbox as a good nursery ... at this point in your learning curve]

i see the pine needle mulch.. i suspect you are southern .. or carolina coastal ... but telling us where you are.. is always a plus ...

as noted.. there is a shrub forum ...

understand.. these are a spring show plant... and within a week or 3 ... depending on weather.. they will just be green for the rest of the year .... most likely.. you should have a couple.. in the various colors ... but.. they should be part of a collection of flowering shrubs that flower over a longer period ... so dont get carried away ... with just this one type of flowering shrub .... imo ...

ken

ps: also try to figure out ultimate potential ... and plant/site accordingly .. not every shrub stays the size of the babe you buy ... so dont plant them a foot from the house ....

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=double+azalea&t=ffcm&iax=images&ia=images