SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
novice0

I am ready for the next step, would be very appreciative

novice0
5 years ago
I have new furniture on order and the next step is finding a rug and decorating.

I have the swatches from the leather (yes I know too much leather ) and I placed them on one of the choices of rug .(crate and barrel ) I also will attach a few other rug ideas. I realize that putting rug over wall-to-wall carpet is not ideal, we just have hardwood on the whole first floor and really enjoy the carpet feel of the living room without the added noise.

I like the traditional rugs a little better than the modern or transitional but I’m trying to get teal, blue, brown accents and as you can see I may end up with orange if we use the one rug and then just all try and blend everything in together. I was interested to find out if you think it should be a navy/blue accents or teal (and maybe Burnt orange .I have a sofa loveseat in the darker brown and two recliner’s that are in its own section across the room in the light beige .
I have a wooden console with metal legs coming and I’m looking at some sconces with nickel .
I’ve been researching pictures and I’m trying to find pictures that will go in the room together and give it some color. But when things get real teal and real bright orange I chicken out a little because I want to to look classy not tacky . Doesn’t have to look traditional but I am in a very traditional house so I don’t want to be too different. I mainly just want color. So I think it really depends upon the rug. So I will start here by posting pictures . thank you so much in advance. I have a few ideas for pictures , end tables , lamps , wall art and decor but Really would like to decide upon the best rug first. And am anxious to hear your thoughts on everything I really appreciate your help and if you would like me to post an additional pictures I’m happy to do so

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths