SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_fisher5576

Flooring Message Boards Of Yesteryear

Uptown Floors
5 years ago

Seeing as we just hit the 30 year mark of the world wide web I got to thinking what message boards have been around and gone. Personally, I started in '98 when the ones below were active.

ifloor.com

thathomesite.com

hoskinghardwood.com

floorfacts.com

bobvilla.com

improvenet.com

finehomebuilding.com - they still exist

floormasters.com - the wild west. Hardwood flooring only

....others I can't name. I would get occasional gifts from some for participating. I had no real business. Didn't pound my chest promoting any business. Just a guy installing hardwood floors day to day..for peanuts in Florida. Fun days.

Fill in the blanks pros. When did you first get the message board itch. I see some older names here, some of which may have been on other boards

The participants are different today. Back in the day it was a comradely of real people or those that got their hands dirty daily. I rarely saw the likes of today. Sure, Houzz offers that opportunity to share in your knowledge, but today...oh my...it's over the edge.

Floorfacts was the first I was on. John Simonsons old domain now owned by Quinn Street along with a slew of other older flooring domains. Most of which lay stagnant (no updates) today just to make money from third party advertising. A real shame, including woodfloorsonline.com the first of it's kind. We're thinking of you Joe Boone.

Comment